Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another nut is loose on the streets of Arizona, Or how Steve Faddis may have saved my life...
forrestkhaag
post Feb 21 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Don't know what happened to the body of this post. Flying Alaska so I will fill in the blanks when on the ground.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DRPHIL914
post Feb 23 2018, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

I did that on my '69 Austin Healey in college, was home working on the rear drum brake and didn't torque the lugs properly. I got 20 miles down the road and thought I felt something, stopped couldn't really see anyting wrong, so turned to get on a freeway, and at the end of the on ramp I felt a sudden wobble, then bam the left rear wheel shifted enough to lock and sheer all the lugs off, rear of car drops and I skid to a stop, as that happens I look out my window to see a couple of spacers go rolling past me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) - never did find both spacers-
lucky it was not at full speed and was only 20 miles from home!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:25 AM