Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 1970 Porsche 914/6
gereed75
post Feb 23 2018, 07:10 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

Wow. I love looking at the pictures of this car. It is 24 chassis numbers and 4 engine numbers from my identical light ivory car

The very original frunk with the black goo shock towers and no charcoal canister are really interesting. The engine with all the original cold start is off the chart! I would love to see the underside just cleaned up a bit as I suspect it would give accurate insight into the the undercoat with overspray vs painted underside debate.

Not sure Fergs rivet comment is accurate - that could be a reflection from the building structure. And the relocation of the relay board is curious, although the firewall location was used on the GT.

At any rate this a great time capsule and I for one would probably lean towards preservation vice restoration. You just can not replicate the ambiance of some of this stuff!

Hope we hear from the buyer. GLWTS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
malcolm2
post Feb 23 2018, 07:43 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

very cool..... Kinda sucks that the dealer swapped the Fuch spare wheel. Did it say anywhere why the car was parked?

Who saves 13 year old newspapers in the car? 79 paper in a car parked in 92

Great that the owner was a driver.... lots of miles, carpet is worn under the clutch. Probably only 1 person drove it. And he was prepared. Spare cables in the trunk.
+Quote Post
gms
post Feb 23 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,785
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(HaraldD @ Feb 22 2018, 09:56 AM) *

wrong transmission...

Harald

Early 914/6 have serial number on the spine like this car
+Quote Post
Michael N
post Feb 23 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #24

Certifiable

Member No.: 2,164
Region Association: Northern California

I love that the original owner traded in a 1965 Vette for the car. He must have wanted to go fast other than in a straight line. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
HaraldD
post Feb 24 2018, 08:30 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 9,781
Region Association: Germany

Hello Glenn,

take a look at my post from may 2009:

Attached Image

I think all 6 have a tag at another place where the number is on.
Or do you know something else??

Thank you!

My Best

Harald
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cal
post Feb 25 2018, 05:53 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 18,138

That sold fast......

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Don S
post Feb 25 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #27

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 16,827

I looked at this car three months ago, a dealer in West Chester had it. It was pretty much all original, it needed a lot of "EVERYTHING'. There was no COA when I looked at it. The interior was nice but the dash was cracked and discolored. It has deep six 6x15 on it and the original steel wheels were there. Complete tool kit. It needed inner and outer rocker panels on right side, sail panel rusted, I believe battery gassing off. I did not see any accident damage. There were letters from owner complaining to Porsche about reoccurring problems, that was nice to see. I so wanted to wash it to see what was there. The dealer was a good guy and he let me look at it twice, nice as could be.
+Quote Post
stevesc_us
post Mar 9 2018, 05:31 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 5,569

QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 22 2018, 08:27 AM) *

Thanks for sharing, the car is beautiful. I’m on the hunt for an original six (and the wife us supportive) but the inner door / rocker rust looks extensive. in addition, the motor will probably need a rebuild and by the time we restored the car we would have well over $100K in the vehicle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) After our last two nut and bolt restorations we are looking for a more turn key 6 and will most likely go the auction route.

This one might be just what you are looking for. No affiliation. Gotta love a tangerine 6.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-f...-6/2062476.html
+Quote Post
flyer86d
post Mar 10 2018, 06:23 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 12,585

QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Mar 9 2018, 06:31 PM) *

Thanks for sharing, the car is beautiful. I’m on the hunt for an original six (and the wife us supportive) but the inner door / rocker rust looks extensive. in addition, the motor will probably need a rebuild and by the time we restored the car we would have well over $100K in the vehicle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) After our last two nut and bolt restorations we are looking for a more turn key 6 and will most likely go the auction route.

This one might be just what you are looking for. No affiliation. Gotta love a tangerine 6.

SMG 914’s old car! One serial number before mine. The restoration that Steve did in 1981 was top notch.

Charlie
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 10 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Thanks, she is beautiful. Our exiting garages are full (including the trailer and our neighbours car port), and once the new shop is built we’re going to hunt for the right six.

cheers

QUOTE(flyer86d @ Mar 10 2018, 04:23 AM) *

QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Mar 9 2018, 06:31 PM) *

SMG 914’s old car! One serial number before mine. The restoration that Steve did in 1981 was top notch.

Charlie

+Quote Post
DM71SIX
post Mar 20 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 4,893

QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 22 2018, 07:27 AM) *

I have a euro 71 914-6, 001430082, for sale. 3.5 year nut and bolt restoration to museum grade, engine rebuilt as was everything else. Coa. 4.5x14 Fuchs by Harvey Weidman, interior by Autos International, original yellow/black. euro radio, new cinturato's as originally came on the car. Photos of everything form before, during and after. some can be seen at Daniel Mainzer on Facebook.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 21 2018, 06:32 AM
Post #32

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Post pics of the car and the details. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 21 2018, 10:33 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(DM71SIX @ Mar 20 2018, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 22 2018, 07:27 AM) *

I have a euro 71 914-6, 001430082, for sale. 3.5 year nut and bolt restoration to museum grade, engine rebuilt as was everything else. Coa. 4.5x14 Fuchs by Harvey Weidman, interior by Autos International, original yellow/black. euro radio, new cinturato's as originally came on the car. Photos of everything form before, during and after. some can be seen at Daniel Mainzer on Facebook.

Thanks for the information but because I dont use Facebook ... pics would help.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 AM