Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beautiful Clean Red 914, On ebay again.....looks nice though!
soloracer
post Jul 10 2003, 12:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 538

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2423158475

What do you guys think of this car? I believe it has the same body kit as mine so if I had mine painted that color I would expect it would look as nice. Looks like a really decent six conversion....if it is a Corvair 6 and not a Porsche 6.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jul 10 2003, 12:48 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Ready for my honest answer ??

I think if you try and drive it more than 500 miles the fiberglass will crack. Unless Roger laid this one thicker than normal (possible, but unlikely) it will crack under daily street use. I havent seen one that didnt crack with time.

B
+Quote Post
soloracer
post Jul 10 2003, 12:51 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 538

Naturally I want your honest answer. So what you are saying is if you have a Sheridan kit don't spend big money on the paint because it will only crack later? Too bad because I really like the shape of the car and think that color is great. I even like Roger's dark blue race car. Is there anything that can be done to prevent cracking?
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jul 10 2003, 01:00 AM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Its the mounting. The fiberglass is normally not secured correctly and it will vibrate/bounce on the tub. The hot ticket nowadays is to glue them onto the existing steel. The ones that where riveted and glassed in alway's break. The glue we have now is stronger than welding and covers more area than rivets every inch or so.

Its not the paint that cracks... its the fiberglass.

Just make sure the body panels have lots of support out on the leading edges. This will help.

Oh.. Rogers car is cracked in places also.. you just dont see it unless your standing next to it.. he also does all of his own work so the car is painted and repaired regularly (when he is running it)

B
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:37 PM