Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.0 L race engine deck height, How little dare I?
Driver174
post Mar 7 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,806
Region Association: None

914-4, stock crankshaft, Stock Jugs, H-Beam rods, JE Pistons, 7k redline; how tight can I safely go? I've heard that a deck height of 0.050" is a safe amount. Can I go 0.040" without risking interference issues?

Thanks,
Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
yeahmag
post Mar 9 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

Not sure if you remember Evan Fullerton, but he ran stock rods to 8000 RPM! I plan to scope the motor (back side of valves and pistons) here pretty soon, just for fun really. I'll let you know if I see anything.
+Quote Post
brilliantrot
post Mar 14 2018, 01:05 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,699

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Mar 9 2018, 09:47 AM) *

Not sure if you remember Evan Fullerton, but he ran stock rods to 8000 RPM!

But I have no idea what the deck height measurement was as FAT built the motor (8.6-1 compression on AA 96mm pistons so clearly not pushing any boundaries) and being strictly an AX car it only saw 7500+ for maybe 5 seconds or less a run in 2nd and sometimes 3rd gears. What sorta works for AX, isn't something that will hold together on a track car and it certainly wasn't making power up there, just saved a shift and was faster then banging off the limiter. Truth be told, I just disabled the revlimiter entirely after I got tired of hitting it when it was set to 7500 so I really don't know what it rev'd to as I just held the pedal down until I had to slow down. The tach only is enumerated to 7k so lets just call it high RPM.

I got 2 seasons of AX out of the car before selling it and it still ran great and had maybe 6k street miles on it so it was at least somewhat reliable.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 11:06 PM