Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hershey Swap Meet, Who’s going and where are you guys lodging?
cantley914
post Mar 11 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Pipeline surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,210

It’s that time of the year again! Which hotel/motel wins the honours of our presence this year? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post Mar 12 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

Hoping to go again this year.

Thought the Knights Inn was fun.
+Quote Post
cantley914
post Mar 12 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #3

Pipeline surgeon

Last year everybody was spread out in différent hotels/motels. The evenings parking lot gatherings were pretty cool back then! I think the Carlisle old car swap meet is on the same week-end this year, motel rooms might be getting hard to find if we wait too long.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 12 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #4

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My kids have their Boy Scouts spring camp out the same weekend as Hershey. Kids win over cars, so I'm out this year.

Zach
+Quote Post
rothaus
post Mar 13 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,404
Region Association: None

I plan to be there.

Please stop by at my boot.

Attached Image

Cheers
Engelbert
+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post Mar 13 2018, 11:03 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 18,493

My Myrtle Beach golf time is the same week so I can't make it this year. I'm looking forward to hopefully making it to Ockteenerfest again this year. You guys have fun.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 13 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #7

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

We will have six vendor spots that include the PMB booth. Hershey is a great time to come out and BS with the 914 crowd plus pick up some stuff you want but don’t really need (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Hopefully someone will organize a drive for Friday. Bob did a great job last year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Even an informal get together the day before would be fun.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Mar 13 2018, 11:48 AM
Post #8

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

Brad Mayeur and I will be making the drive again this year. we will be staying at the ever so lovely Knights Inn. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
cantley914
post Mar 13 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #9

Pipeline surgeon

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 13 2018, 09:48 AM) *

Brad Mayeur and I will be making the drive again this year. we will be staying at the ever so lovely Knights Inn. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

What kind of price per night are we looking at? Group price maybe if we can have enough people interested? Or any other place... group ??
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Mar 13 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

The Unobtanium Crew will be there, probably on the C row, that's where we normally are, just look for my mom.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
North Coast Jim
post Mar 21 2018, 07:42 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 19,450

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 13 2018, 01:48 PM) *

Garold I'm putting together plans to go to Hershey as well trailering the 914 for the first time. I know for you you'll probably be going across Ohio on the I90 turnpike and I plan on doing the same thing getting on at Rt53 Fremont exit. What day and time are you coming thru maybe we could hook up ?? You never know when an emergency like hitting a deer or a flat tire etc changes your plans (tsk tsk). Nice to have like minded folks to share the misery and the ride.

Staying at the ever popular Knights Inn. Need to make reservations

North Coast Jim - Jim Pilny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
Bates
post Mar 21 2018, 10:19 AM
Post #12

Bates

Member No.: 16,800

My son and I will be coming up from central VA leaving early to arrive early.

I may have some parts to try to sell/trade.
Is anyone interested in sharing a space?

+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 21 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #13

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

I really wanted to go, but moving in May, working on current house to list by Mon (hopefully), so need to be around to do the deal if I can. I am pleasantly surprised to see some still staying at Knights Inn. Its a hole, but its our hole. Its hard to find a place that will let us drink in the parking lot all night and be loud without them calling the cops or complaining.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 21 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #14

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(Ecke Liebhaber @ Mar 21 2018, 12:19 PM) *

My son and I will be coming up from central VA leaving early to arrive early.

I may have some parts to try to sell/trade.
Is anyone interested in sharing a space?

You're welcome to share space in my spot. I mostly bought it as a meeting place for the 914 group. There's a couple other 914 people with adjoining spaces.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Mar 21 2018, 11:53 AM
Post #15

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Mar 21 2018, 08:42 AM) *

Garold I'm putting together plans to go to Hershey as well trailering the 914 for the first time. I know for you you'll probably be going across Ohio on the I90 turnpike and I plan on doing the same thing getting on at Rt53 Fremont exit. What day and time are you coming thru maybe we could hook up ?? You never know when an emergency like hitting a deer or a flat tire etc changes your plans (tsk tsk). Nice to have like minded folks to share the misery and the ride.

North Coast Jim - Jim Pilny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Jim,

We haven't made exact plans on when we will be leaving yet. We plan to head out Thursday Afternoon and drive a while into Ohio for the night then finish the drive Friday. Us old gummers need more frequent potty breaks and back stretching than we used to.

We will be taking the turnpike for sure. Our leave time depends on Brad as he has about a 3 hour drive to my house first.
+Quote Post
cantley914
post Mar 21 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #16

Pipeline surgeon

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 21 2018, 09:53 AM) *

Jim,

We haven't made exact plans on when we will be leaving yet. We plan to head out Thursday Afternoon and drive a while into Ohio for the night then finish the drive Friday. Us old gummers need more frequent potty breaks and back stretching than we used to.

We will be taking the turnpike for sure. Our leave time depends on Brad as he has about a 3 hour drive to my house first.

I will be in Decatur Il for business until Thursday afternoon, will drive towards Hershey after my meeting and stop somewhere on the way to sleep. Will travel rest of the way on Friday. Maybe we can meet on the way... I plan for Underdog Friday night for wings & beer....Let me know
I've booked at the Clarion in West Harrisburg, Knights Inn was by far too expensive for what it has to offer. Will still show up for the evening parking lot gathering though!
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 22 2018, 11:56 AM
Post #17

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

QUOTE(cantley914 @ Mar 21 2018, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 21 2018, 09:53 AM) *

Jim,

I will be in Decatur Il for business until Thursday afternoon, will drive towards Hershey after my meeting and stop somewhere on the way to sleep. Will travel rest of the way on Friday. Maybe we can meet on the way... I plan for Underdog Friday night for wings & beer....Let me know
I've booked at the Clarion in West Harrisburg, Knights Inn was by far too expensive for what it has to offer. Will still show up for the evening parking lot gathering though!

Stephane, you know my new place is right in the middle between Decatur Ill and Hershey, right? You can crash there if you like, no charge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
North Coast Jim
post Mar 22 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 19,450

So how does one sign up to show their 914 at Hershey ?? I was there year before last and they had a great contingent of cars. If I can show the car I'd trailer it over and drive it around the Hershey area. Anybody have contact #'s.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 22 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #19

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Mar 22 2018, 03:53 PM) *

So how does one sign up to show their 914 at Hershey ?? I was there year before last and they had a great contingent of cars. If I can show the car I'd trailer it over and drive it around the Hershey area. Anybody have contact #'s.

http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/2018index.html

The Porsche Corral
Got a Porsche for Sale?
Want a Porsche for Sale?
Check out the Porsche Corral at the Swap!
For only $25 you can park your Porsche in the Porsche Corral at the Swap, where buyers come to buy! Even when it rains at the Swap, the Porsche Corral is full of customers. It’s open to dealers and individuals. No pre-registration necessary—just ask when you arrive!

+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post Mar 22 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

So do I have this right?

$25.00 Entrance fee.
$25.00 Porsche only parking area.
$10.00 Register for "Peoples Choice" (must be in Porsche Parking Area)

Do you pay all this when you drive up? Or pay for the Porsche Parking and Peoples Choice at another place/time
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:27 PM