Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> paint job in wa state
hockeymutt
post Mar 13 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,388
Region Association: None

When I was in high school my first car I restored and drove was an 84 CJ7 did the body work with my dad and had MACCO do the paint job for $500 in black none the less came out pretty good. Oh and they warrantied it , if I remember correctly for 5 years. Of course I had over spray on the carpets and radiator. But for the $800 I paid for the jeep I didn't mind. THey also did the door jams for that price. I'm considering using them to spray my 914 here in a few weeks before I drop my Subaru in. I wish I had a bigger paint booth to do it myself.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
burton73
post Mar 14 2018, 11:52 AM
Post #22

burton73

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Macco painted a black 914 that I had in 1979. I did all the prep work on the body and I gave the painter a $20. Bill and asked him if he would do a nice job on spraying it and I had more complements on that super slick paint job than on any other car I had before that. I paid something like $350. Back then. The car was a black car and they did not pant the jams.

The paint job is mostly in the prep work and you can always go back and color sand and buff.

Bob B

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:40 PM