Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arizona 1973 2.0, the one that got away
post Mar 15 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #1

Michael in Seattle

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,495
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

When I moved from Arizona to Seattle decades ago, someone told me my 1973 914 would just rust away up here. So I practically gave it away.

So sad. To have this car now....

On the other hand, I was lucky to have it on the desert mountain roads back then.

Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MarkV
post Mar 15 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #2

Fear the Jack Stands

Member No.: 154
Region Association: None

Wasn't Southwest Savings the bank the was taken over by the federal government over some scandal back in the late 1980's

I had a black 74 1.8 back then. It was a nice car but I sure don't miss it. In the summer time is was so hot inside it was miserable...could only really drive it at night.

Where in AZ were you?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
post Mar 16 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #3

Michael in Seattle

Member No.: 21,495
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(MarkV @ Mar 15 2018, 09:30 PM) *

Wasn't Southwest Savings the bank the was taken over by the federal government over some scandal back in the late 1980's

I had a black 74 1.8 back then. It was a nice car but I sure don't miss it. In the summer time is was so hot inside it was miserable...could only really drive it at night.

Where in AZ were you?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Yes, that's when banking scandals were a lot smaller than nowadays I guess. That photo would have been something like N 35th Ave & W Glendale Ave during my very long commute between Tempe and North Phoenix. Lots of miles, mountain roads, speeding tickets, and good times back then. I don't know if there's any point in having a 914 where I live now.

Wayyy too hot during the day. Now when I visit I try to rent light colored cars. Hard to imagine driving a black car there.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 16 2018, 04:38 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195
Region Association: Southern California

My 914 got lucky. The original owner purchased it in Seattle then moved to Phoenix 6 months later. Thankfully that move more then likely saved it from the scrap yard.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:31 AM