Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> v8 radiator hose routing, From the water pump to the top?
Scottg914
post Jun 5 2005, 08:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,820

I haven't messed around with my radiator setup for 6yrs. I'm installing a new aluminum radiator and I'm having a brain fart.
1. Is the pump pulling from the radiator to the motor or pushing from the motor to the radiator?
2. The large inlet is on the bottom of the radiator does this go to the pump side hose or the thermostat side hose?
Thanks in advance.
Scott G
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914GT
post Jun 5 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,923
Region Association: Southwest Region

The pump pulls the cooler water from the radiator and pushes it into the engine. The bottom hose on the radiator is usually connected to the suction side of the pump.
+Quote Post
Scottg914
post Jun 5 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,820

Thanks I thought so but I was going through some of the photos of other conversions on this site and I found some that were just the opposite. It may have been how they routed the hose from the engine forward to the front trunk.
Scott
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jun 5 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #4

neo life

Member No.: 159

Welcome Scott! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif) What year car and what are your conversion specs? I'll add you to the list, see my link below. You'll notice another guy in SC with a V8 conversion...
+Quote Post
914GT
post Jun 5 2005, 09:25 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,923
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE (Scottg914 @ Jun 5 2005, 08:16 AM)
Thanks I thought so but I was going through some of the photos of other conversions on this site and I found some that were just the opposite. It may have been how they routed the hose from the engine forward to the front trunk.
Scott

In some 914 V8 conversions the engine side might be connected to the lower radiator side. With a cross-flow radiator I'm not sure how much difference it makes. Normally most cars have the top radiator hose coming off the top of the engine. This may have more to do with making the hoses shorter instead of something to do with cooling performance. In a V8 conversion it probably makes little difference.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:36 PM