Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Swamp Buggy, Florida style, see pic
URY914
post Jun 5 2005, 08:21 AM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I saw this and had to get a picture of it. It was on my way back from West Palm Beach in a place called Indiantown.
It gets real wet down here. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jun 5 2005, 08:24 AM
Post #2

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I forgot to say it belongs to the Florida Wildlife Comission. My tax dollars at work.
It was powered by a big gas V8. I'd think it'd be a diesel. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Jun 5 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #3

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yeah,

They've gotta get into the Glades somehow. During fire season they use them to ferry fire fighters out to isolated areas to stop the fires.

My dad usta be "Brush Fire Spotter Pilot" for the State of Florida and had a captured "drug" plane to fly.....

He said the majority of fires can be traced by following a civilian swamp buggy trail, looking for where they start the fire, and then flying downwind of the fire.

You will find the "brave" hunters shooting at the "targets" as they flee the fire. He really wanted to throw pop bottles at them but figured guys with that many scruples would try to shoot him out of the air......

If you don't catch them setting the fire, you can't arrest them...

Ken
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:33 PM