Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> wndsrfr to the rescue..., have air tank will travel
anderssj
post Mar 18 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Dog is my copilot...

Group: Members
Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Beautiful day in the Tidewater area of VA--perfect for moving the car from our old place in Yorktown over to Smithfield...at least until the left rear tire blew out while crossing the metal decking on the James River Bridge. Catastrophic failure of the tire; it messed up the rear fender some before I could get the car safely stopped (I didn’t want to get rear-ended by somebody coming over the crest of the bridge unable to see me).

Attached Image

I think the fender looks worse in the picture than in real life . . . still, it’s an OH CRAP experience. Fortunately the VDOT truck was there within minutes to give us a lift (literally) to the south end of the bridge.

Attached Image

If there was a bright spot in all of this (aside from not getting hit by another car, or losing control and departing the bridge, etc.), it was that John Perry ("wndsrfr") was just a phone call away. Not only did he bring tools, an air tank, and an hydraulic jack, he also reminded me that this could have been much worse (see above), or even a little worse (could be night, could be raining, etc.). After a quick trip to his shop to modify some lug bolts for the "steely" spare, we were in business.

Here's the hero:

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Attached Image

THANKS John!

Steve A-

...and a big thanks to the 914world admins and members who make all of this possible. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:12 AM