Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Alternator wiring, Had to do something today
smrz914
post Jun 5 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #1

Soon to be brightening the life of the person behind you.

Group: Members
Member No.: 596

So I finally did something on my 914 v8. I couldn't stand not doing at least something on my car. There have been to many progress threads and then meeting club people at Parts Heaven today I had to get my fix (even if I didn't get enough of the fix). I want to do more work. I hooked up the idiot light. The alternator is a AC Delco 7127 that is internally regulated, 3-wire alternator.

wires:
1. Ground
2. Positive battery
3. Idiot light (#1 terminal on alternator)
4. #2 trerminal wire on alternator just goes to the positive post on the alternator. (not counted as a wire)

(IMG:http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/images/AlternatorWiringOverview-1973to1985Buick.jpg)

For my 72 the idiot light wire is green/red. If you still have the relay board then the green/red wire goes to the number 5 spot (according to Haynes) and leaves the relay board as a green/red wire. I don't have a relay board so I just extened the green/red wire to the alternator. Maybe this can help someone with their v8.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:30 AM