Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> i have no thermostat
ben1440
post Jun 5 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,688

Upon disasembely of my 1.7 engine I discovered there was no thermostat installed. What kind of problems does that bring up? How bad is it to run one of these engines w/o one?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 5 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (ben1440 @ Jun 5 2005, 09:49 PM)
Upon disasembely of my 1.7 engine I discovered there was no thermostat installed. What kind of problems does that bring up? How bad is it to run one of these engines w/o one?

running without the thermostat means the engine gets full cooling all the time. while that may sound good for a racing/ax engine, for a street car i wouldn't advise it.
the thermostat helps the engine to warm up to operating temps much quicker.

without it, it'll take forever for the engine to get up to operating temps and it'll never fully warm up on short runs.
which is not gud ...

also, make sure whoever disconnected it didn't take the little plastic wheel off and just leave that bolthole open as it goes straight through the case and causes a big oil leak ...

make sure the flaps are still working, do a search, there was a thread about that just 2 or 3 days ago ...
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:25 AM