Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Front license plate mount, Just curious
bbrock
post Mar 30 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

This is purely a curiosity thing. Montana recently started offering a waiver for displaying front license plates IF the vehicle didn't come with front plate mounting provisions and no adapter bracket is available. Every early 914 front bumper I've seen has the holes for mounting a plate but did they all have that? If not, I could probably get away with welding the holes up and getting a waiver. It's really not that important though because Montana switched their standard plates to a retro 70s design a few years ago and they fit teeners very nicely. I don't really mind displaying a front plate, but curious.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 30 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Brent,

They all 70-76 MYs had provisions to mount front plates (holes & brackets) to mount either USA (short or narrow) or Euro spec (long or wide) spec plates. Even back then most countries & states here had the front plate requirement.

The UK & some other countries allowed for a decal type plate on the front hood, which was helpful in preserving the lines of such sleek cars as the `60's Jag XKE. Unfortunately the US never had such an option.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Mar 30 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 30 2018, 03:16 PM) *

Brent,

They all 70-76 MYs had provisions to mount front plates (holes & brackets) to mount either USA (short or narrow) or Euro spec (long or wide) spec plates. Even back then most countries & states here had the front plate requirement.

The UK & some other countries allowed for a decal type plate on the front hood, which was helpful in preserving the lines of such sleek cars as the `60's Jag XKE. Unfortunately the US never had such an option.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom. That's what I figured. No loophole. I was born and raised in a no front tag state, so didn't pay much attention to front mounts until moving to MT. At least our tags look nice.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:08 AM