Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 1974 Porsche 914 V8 SOLD!, 500 HP +
Zippy69
post Apr 4 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,276
Region Association: None

I am selling the most incredible and by far the fastest car I have ever owned. This car was built by a Porsche enthusiast in Wisconsin over a 5 year period from 2003 – 2008. It was designed to be the ultimate street/track performance car. It started as a rust free roller in Redlands, CA and was converted to a LS V8 powered, 2500 lb. fire breathing monster. The car originally had an all-aluminum LS1 5.7 liter Chevy motor in it. It was reported to be the first LS powered Porsche 914 in the world with the help of the Kennedy Engineering to mate the motor to the customized 930 transaxle. Kennedy released this conversion kit to the public after this project and now there are several of these around the world. The builder thought it needed more power so he did an engine transplant with a fully built Chevy LS6 5.7 liter engine from a 2004 Z06 Corvette pushing about 550 HP. He took it to the ¼ mile drag strip in 2003 and ran 11.2 seconds at 132 MPH on street tires without a dyno tune and the car wasn’t even delivering full HP numbers at the time! This car is motorcycle fast and a great course race car with a phenomenal power to weight ratio.

I purchased the car in 2008 and it has been an almost 10 year labor of love to get everything working the way it should by rebuilding every system on the car. I enlisted the help of several of the premier Porsche shops in the country to help fix some of the challenges. I used a methodical approach to rebuilding this car and have been thru every last inch of it! I provided an open checkbook, used all of the very best parts and have fully documented every step of the rebuild. I will include all documentation and receipts for over $100k that I have into this project! It took me about 9 years to upgrade, rebuild and get everything working the way it should. The last project involved getting the very rare Shortened Bell Housing/Flipped Ring and pinion 930 Transaxle fully rebuilt by one of the best shops in the country - California Motorsports. This latest project also included a new clutch, rebuilt pressure plate, shifter assembly, hydraulic master and slave cylinders and Tilton pedal cluster assembly with a reinforced pedal box in the floor and a cabin mounted brake proportioning valve at a cost of well over $15k.

Fast forward to July 2017… I am sad to report I was out pushing the car hard on some back country roads and lost the backend after hitting a wet spot. I took an excursion thru the trees and wrecked the car. The 8 point roll cage and seat belt harnesses did their job. Short of a couple broken ribs minor, cuts and bruises no substantial injuries occurred to myself or passenger. The roll cage kept the car straight as passenger door still has same door gap but the nose, driver door and 911 front suspension are wiped out. Custom Howe radiator is undamaged and car still runs. At this point I don’t have the energy to rebuild this rust free car, I am hopeful to sell it to an enthusiast who will rebuild it as it would be a shame to sell this fully sorted car for parts. This is a well-known car by many in the 914 community and a very top notch build. Car has been to the Hershey PA Porsche Swap meet for 8 of the past 9 years and took home a people’s choice trophy 2 years ago. I will be bringing it again this year… sadly for sale in the car coral. I can deliver up to 400 miles. Asking price is $16k with the motor or $12k without. To put the price in perspective the asking price is about the cost of the rebuilt 930 transaxle and you will get the rest of the car plus numerous spare parts for free! The engine and transaxle combination alone is worth more than most 914 V8’s. For inquiries my, e-mail address is zippy69 at optonline dot net.

Thanks for looking!

Paul

Attached File  914_Porsche_Build_Sheet.pdf ( 29.72k ) Number of downloads: 256

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 4 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #2

Pictures Part 1 - Click for larger version

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Paul
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 4 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #3

Pictures Part 2 - Click for larger version

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Paul
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 4 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #4

Pictures Part 3 - Click for larger version

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Paul
+Quote Post
sb914
post Apr 5 2018, 06:16 AM
Post #5

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191
Region Association: Southern California

I remember your car . So sorry !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 5 2018, 06:35 AM
Post #6

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Wow - So sorry to see that but glad you and your passenger walked away relatively unscathed. That is indeed a lot of car for the money. Someone looking to build a V-8 car would be way way way ahead to grab your car for their build. GLWTS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 5 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 5 2018, 04:35 AM) *

Wow - So sorry to see that but glad you and your passenger walked away relatively unscathed. That is indeed a lot of car for the money. Someone looking to build a V-8 car would be way way way ahead to grab your car for their build. GLWTS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, we were very lucky not to be more injured that day. Fortunately the big impact in front of the driver door occurred directly on the 8 point roll cage and what I believe to be the strongest part of the car. I agree with your way, way, way ahead statement...I am hopeful that people who get involved with a V8 build understand what is involved. I now have 10 years experience with this and when I started this process I would have never believed the time and money involved to build and fully sort a car like this. It has been a journey!

Thx,

Paul
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Apr 6 2018, 09:28 AM
Post #8

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

VERY sorry to see your loss here... THis is one of my favorite 914's of all time. I dont have the means to rebuild this but maybe someone out there does!
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 6 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

That car has been a favorite of mine! Love the look you made with it. Man if timing was better I would be all over that. Love to have the LS setup you built. Doesn't get much better
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 10 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #10

Bump java script:emoticon(':driving:','smid_26')
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 12 2018, 08:08 AM
Post #11

Bump
+Quote Post
theer
post Apr 12 2018, 09:36 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

Bummer, man. Sorry to see those pictures. Way beyond my capabilities to fix.

But.. is that a trailer hitch back there attached to the engine/trans cradle??
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 12 2018, 01:45 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(theer @ Apr 12 2018, 07:36 AM) *

Bummer, man. Sorry to see those pictures. Way beyond my capabilities to fix.

But.. is that a trailer hitch back there attached to the engine/trans cradle??

Yes it is a custom fabricated welded gusseted and powder coated piece made from 1.5 inch seamless roll bar tuning that we call the octopus because it does so many things! It is the transaxle mount, muffler attachment points, shifter cable attachment points, jacking point, tow point and yes a trailer hitch to tow a small tire trailer to the track.
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 15 2018, 08:28 AM
Post #14

Bump
+Quote Post
saigon71
post Apr 16 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 10,428
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Sorry to hear about the mishap, but glad everyone is OK.

This car is a beast! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Good luck with the sale.
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 19 2018, 08:44 AM
Post #16

Bump Come see this car for sale in Hershey this weekend.
+Quote Post
porsha916
post Apr 20 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,137

hi, I am sorry to see that great 914 damaged like that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) , I hope you recover quickly.
I am planning on going to Hershey. Take care!
Sincerely
Bill
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post Apr 23 2018, 07:50 AM
Post #18

I wish to thank everyone who stopped to look at the car at the Hershey Swap Meet last weekend. The positive response and non-stop discussions that we had were amazing. There is clearly a lot of interest in this car however no firm deposit yet so it is still for sale. $16k with the motor or $12k without. Feel free to contact me with questions.

Thx,

Paul Moser
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Apr 25 2018, 06:24 AM
Post #19

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

Holy Crap!

So glad you all walked away!

This conversion was at such a high level! Always loved it...And hope someone will fix it up!
+Quote Post
Zippy69
post May 3 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #20

I understand this car is a body work project with the crash damage sustained and it is a specialty piece with the V8 engine however I am surprised more people don't see the value of the parts alone in this car and understand that it is priced very well.

The very rare and desirable shortened bell housing flipped ring and pinion 930 trans that was just rebuilt by California Motorsports is worth over $15k alone. Balanced and blueprinted fully built LS6 is worth over $5k used and cost way more than that to build. 911 Dash and full set of rebuilt VDO Gauges by Hollywood Gauges (recently saw a rebuilt VDO speedometer sell for $675), 911 brakes hubs and hollow spoke turbo twist wheels, Sparco Carbon Seats, Wilwood floor mounted Pedal assembly and Brake master with proportioning valve, KEP Pressure plate and clutch etc etc... Lots and lots of very expensive parts are in this build and it is very well sorted over a 9 year period. Over $100k was invested in this car! Have all receipts and have fully documented every step of this build.

Still waiting for a solid offer. I would hate to break this car up and sell for parts. Someone needs to rebuild this car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thanks for looking,

Paul
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:02 PM