Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOLD excellent 1974 2.0 $31,500, All mechanical items updated SOLD
914ltd
post Apr 13 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 581
Region Association: None

SOLD

The real advantage of this car is the exceptional, original condition and the $11,206.47 spent on it a year ago to make it a dependable driver. If you intend only to look at your 44 year old Porsche, don't bother with this one. This car has had the updated maintenance to actually be driven and enjoyed. If you are buying a 914 without the updated maintenance, good luck! I have performed these repairs and upgrades on my 3 personal 914/4 cars and can assure you these cars have all been very dependable. There is more to enjoying an old car than shiny paint!

Porsche 1974 2.0 excellent updated driving condition. s/n 4742901467. undocumented mileage. Light Ivory with black interior. Includes Porsche COA (matching numbers)
One very high quality repaint of the original color is about 13 years old. The repaint was done by Desi at Bodyworks of Barrington (IL.) There are no scratches, dings or chips currently on the paint or body.
I maintained this car for my customer for 14 years and then for a new buyer for the last year.
Fourteen months ago we were given the project to replace the wear and tear and dependability items on this 44 year old Porsche. This work consisted of:
Replace all brake rotors, front and rear wheel bearings.
Install all 4 PMB rebuilt and replated calipers with new brake pads.
Replace master cylinder with a new ATE 19mm unit. The OE style brake hoses were replaced by me on a previous ticket.
Replace front and rear suspension bushings with new Elephant Racing OE style rubber bushings. These bushings make a significant difference in ride and handling because they haven’t age hardened and they eliminate the “flowing” of the bushings which cause alignment and front torsion bar interference and wear. A premium 4 wheel alignment was performed.
Replace the original heat exchangers with exceptionally nice used OE set, not the SSI replacements. Also, a new Bursch “quiet” muffler.
All 4 shocks replaced with premium Bilstein and new rear springs. Install stock front and rear sway bars using OE style mounts and new bushings.
New fuel hoses and most vacuum hosed replaced.
New Michelin 195/65/15 Premier AS tires.
Previous work includes: engine removed and resealed, No oil drips. Transaxle disassembled, repaired and resealed. Installed electric windshield washer system using a microswitch in place of the original water valve. Lights, parking brake, fresh air and heater blower operation inspected and repaired as necessary.
There is no rust perforation or bubbling, battery tray is original, that and area below the battery tray have been refinished and are solid with no previous rust. Interior is excellent, the original dash has no cracks. The windshield along with the rest of the glass is original and good. The clock and all gauges work properly. A period correct Blaupunkt Frankfort AM/FM radio is in good working condition.
This 914/2.0 is a near perfect example of the most desirable (1973 and 1974 models) and is an excellent driving, strong running car without all the typical ageing problems of a 44 year old sportscar.

It is evident this 914 has always been well cared for.
It is realistically priced at $31,500
I will get better quality photos for anyone interested.
914 Limited Inc.
Brad Mayeur
1162 N. Byerly Hills Dr.
East Peoria, IL. 61611
309-694-1797
P914LTD@yahoo.com

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 13 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #2

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Wow! Sure looks like a great car. GLWTS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
defianty
post Apr 14 2018, 05:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,621

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 14 2018, 03:33 AM) *

Wow! Sure looks like a great car. GLWTS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Agreed, lovely car. One of the nicest I've seen for sale for a while. GLWTS.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 14 2018, 08:41 AM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

Interesting. I owned 1974 2.0 #1465 which was identical to this car in nearly every way. Color, options, condition...until it became the grasshopper... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/locust.gif)
+Quote Post
914ltd
post Apr 14 2018, 07:52 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 14 2018, 06:41 AM) *

Interesting. I owned 1974 2.0 #1465 which was identical to this car in nearly every way. Color, options, condition...until it became the grasshopper... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/locust.gif)

This car was sold new in California. I wonder if it was sold at the same CA dealership?
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Apr 14 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

If Brad says it's good, it's good!

Paul
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 14 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #7

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

QUOTE(914ltd @ Apr 14 2018, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 14 2018, 06:41 AM) *

This car was sold new in California. I wonder if it was sold at the same CA dealership?

#1465 was from Kendon P-A

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
pat9146
post Apr 15 2018, 01:13 PM
Post #8

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 15,155

QUOTE(914ltd @ Apr 13 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Porsche 1974 2.0 near perfect. s/n 4742901467. 31,481 miles, undocumented. Light Ivory with black interior. Includes Porsche COA (matching numbers)
One very high quality repaint of the original color is about 13 years old. The repaint was done by Desi at Bodyworks of Barrington (IL.) There are no scratches, dings or chips currently on the paint or body.
I maintained this car for my customer for 14 years and then for a new buyer for the last year.
Fourteen months ago we were given the project to replace the wear and tear and dependability items on this 44 year old Porsche. This work consisted of:
Replace all brake rotors, front and rear wheel bearings.
Install all 4 PMB rebuilt and replated calipers with new brake pads.
Replace master cylinder with a new ATE 19mm unit. The OE style brake hoses were replaced by me on a previous ticket.
Replace front and rear suspension bushings with new Elephant Racing OE style rubber bushings. These bushings make a significant difference in ride and handling because they haven’t age hardened and they eliminate the “flowing” of the bushings which cause alignment and front torsion bar interference and wear. A premium 4 wheel alignment was performed.
Replace the original heat exchangers with exceptionally nice used OE set, not the SSI replacements. Also, a new Bursch “quiet” muffler.
All 4 shocks replaced with premium Bilstein and new rear springs. Install stock front and rear sway bars using OE style mounts and new bushings.
New fuel hoses and most vacuum hosed replaced.
New Michelin 195/65/15 Premier AS tires.
Previous work includes: engine removed and resealed, No oil drips. Transaxle disassembled, repaired and resealed. Installed electric windshield washer system using a microswitch in place of the original water valve. Lights, parking brake, fresh air and heater blower operation inspected and repaired as necessary.
There is no rust perforation or bubbling, battery tray is original, that and area below the battery tray have been refinished and are solid with no previous rust. Interior is excellent, the original dash has no cracks. The windshield along with the rest of the glass is original and good. The clock and all gauges work properly. A period correct Blaupunkt Frankfort AM/FM radio is in good working condition.
This 914/2.0 is a near perfect example of the most desirable (1973 and 1974 models) and is an excellent driving, strong running car without all the typical ageing problems of a 44 year old sportscar.

It is evident this 914 has always been well cared for.
It is realistically priced at $31,500
I will get better quality photos for anyone interested.
914 Limited Inc.
Brad Mayeur
1162 N. Byerly Hills Dr.
East Peoria, IL. 61611
309-694-1797
P914LTD@yahoo.com

I have seen this car in person and it is a very fine example of a clean and desirable 914 in great shape. I know Brad and his work is top quality. Whoever gets this car will be extremely satisfied with the care the car has been given by the owner and Brad. GLWTS.
+Quote Post
914ltd
post Apr 17 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #9

Bump for new info
+Quote Post
pete000
post Apr 17 2018, 11:13 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

WOW, too cool my 74 came from Kendon. I wonder if they were on the lot at the same time !
On a side not I heard Kendon got the first 914-6 delivered to southern CA and this made Vasek Polak a bit upset !
+Quote Post
914ltd
post May 3 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #11

This is a a grate car for someone who doesn't want to work on their old car.
Ready to drive!
Brad
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post May 11 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #12

It's mine!

This car is fantastic and I am on schedule to pick it up next Saturday. Brad has already brought three of my cars up to snuff in the past...that means I know the value of the work he's done.

FINALLY I am getting exactly what I want, a ready-to-drive car that doesn't need to be "recommissioned."

Paul
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 11 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #13

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(orthobiz @ May 11 2018, 06:33 PM) *

It's mine!

This car is fantastic and I am on schedule to pick it up next Saturday. Brad has already brought three of my cars up to snuff in the past...that means I know the value of the work he's done.

FINALLY I am getting exactly what I want, a ready-to-drive car that doesn't need to be "recommissioned."

Paul

Congrats! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 12 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #14

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Orthobiz - Congratulations on that purchase. I have been drooling over that car since it was posted. I really wish I could have bought it. Good luck and best wishes.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Michael
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post May 12 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #15

Thanks for the congrats everybody!

Paul
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post May 12 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #16

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(orthobiz @ May 12 2018, 02:53 PM) *

Thanks for the congrats everybody!

Paul

Congratulation Paul, it's a beautiful 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
It even has the tool kit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Tom
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post May 12 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #17

Thanks Tom. See you this summer for sure!!!

Paul
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post May 12 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Wow, beautiful car. Love the presentation of this one—so clean and right.

And to a great new home. Congrats, Paul—and Brad!
+Quote Post
Shredhead
post May 14 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 19,047
Region Association: North East States

I know it's uncouth to ask, but would you be willing to share the final selling price? I also have a '74 2.0, and although I have no intention to sell, it's helpful to know what it's worth, e.g., for insurance valuation.
+Quote Post
914ltd
post May 14 2018, 11:37 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(Shredhead @ May 14 2018, 08:18 AM) *

I know it's uncouth to ask, but would you be willing to share the final selling price? I also have a '74 2.0, and although I have no intention to sell, it's helpful to know what it's worth, e.g., for insurance valuation.

If your car matches this description, it is definitely worth $31,500.
Brad Mayeur
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:51 AM