Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> D-Jet ECU
Bobco
post Apr 16 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,091
Region Association: North East States

Hi World

Will a D Jet ECU for a 2 Liter work for a 1.7 Liter Also dJet?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Apr 16 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #2

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

It may on some '72-'73 cars. Verify here by part #

https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 16 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

You should be able to get the correct one for ~ $50
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 16 2018, 01:25 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I have a complete 1.7 (?) D-jet setup that I am putting up for sale in the classifieds.

This is the ECU for it.

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mgphoto
post Apr 17 2018, 04:48 PM
Post #5

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225

Not a very good idea to mix and match D-Jet parts.

I would call the D-Jet system a comparative system. There is no real feedback to the ECU from any sensors.

All the ECU does is take in signals from the sensors and compare those to on board pre-programmed data, all in analog form.

Example the head temp sensor, it's resistance is compared to an on board resistance and the increase or decrease changes the pulse length of the injectors.

Mixing the components will cause tuning problems and fuel consumption issues.

The Bosch engineers used real data to set up the D-Jet ECU, but not until the introduction of stuff like the O2 sensor did the engine start telling the ECU what might be happening.

Once you have assembled the correct collection of parts for a particular "year" than you will be able to tune the system making predictable adjustments.

All of the parts necessary for a complete system are available, there were thousands of D-Jets made and some more desirable items may cost more and others cheap and abundant.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 17 2018, 05:12 PM
Post #6

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

The above post is confusing. This statement is not true that "There is no real feedback to the ECU from any sensors."

D-Jet is an "open loop" FI system, receives data (feedback) from its sensors and calculates pulse width to match demand based on that data. A "closed loop" system includes an O2 sensor(s) which additionally monitors exhaust gas characteristics to match demand and is more advanced than D-Jet.

D-Jet cannot really be and is not intended to be 'tuned' per se. The components are 'fixed' to the average owner - its Plug N Play only - so the statement "Once you have assembled the correct collection of parts for a particular "year" than you will be able to tune the system making predictable adjustments" is also not a good characterization. The beauty of D-Jet is its simplicity and that as long as individual components, which can be individually tested, are good, the system works. No 'tune-ups' or alignments adjustments are needed other than the basic engine mechanical, fuel pressure, idle mixture and air mixture settings.
+Quote Post
mgphoto
post Apr 17 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #7

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 17 2018, 04:12 PM) *

The above post is confusing. This statement is not true that "There is no real feedback to the ECU from any sensors."

D-Jet is an "open loop" FI system, receives data (feedback) from its sensors and calculates pulse width to match demand based on that data. A "closed loop" system includes an O2 sensor(s) which additionally monitors exhaust gas characteristics to match demand and is more advanced than D-Jet.

D-Jet cannot really be and is not intended to be 'tuned' per se. The components are 'fixed' to the average owner - its Plug N Play only - so the statement "Once you have assembled the correct collection of parts for a particular "year" than you will be able to tune the system making predictable adjustments" is also not a good characterization. The beauty of D-Jet is its simplicity and that as long as individual components, which can be individually tested, are good, the system works. No 'tune-ups' or alignments adjustments are needed other than the basic engine mechanical, fuel pressure, idle mixture and air mixture settings.

Except if you modify your engine, but who does that!

You are mistaking feed for "feedbacK" the sensors only feed info to the ecu, no date is feed back to the unit for modification of the signal, as you say it is basic but it can be "modified"or tuned for a specific engine.
+Quote Post
Bobco
post Apr 21 2018, 06:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 21,091
Region Association: North East States

My car is a 71. 1.7. I did find my ecu was not working correctly by using a 74. 2.0 ecu.I would like to know if I should try to source the original 1.7 ecu without the idle enrichment knob or get one like the one I used to find my part was bad? Thanks Bobco
+Quote Post
yellowporky
post Apr 21 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 10,948
Region Association: Northern California

If this will work for you i have it available.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=313564&hl=
Chris
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:44 PM