Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> For sale 1975 Porshe 914. Sold, Sold 5/31/18
russ911
post Apr 16 2018, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,944
Region Association: South East States

I need to sell my car and I am looking to get a fair price for it. I need to sell it soon. Send any serious offers to me and I'll get back as soon as possible. Included one photo and a link to view all photos.

I purchased this car 5 years ago from another 914 World member. It spent most of its life in the mid-west and south United States so it shows no signs of any rust.
The car has undergone a complete mechanical and cosmetic restoration in the past 6 months. Car was mechanically stripped to bare metal, etch primed, epoxy primed, any dents repaired, and painted original color (paint code L 95K) with 7 coats of PPG Palma Green metallic, followed by 3 coats of clear, then sanded and buffed to a perfect shine. Paint looks amazing.

Minor cosmetic changes have been made to this very original car that suited my taste and I believe most Porsche enthusiast would not object to.

Modifications:
1. Front bumper has been replaced with an early chrome 914-6 style bumper with matching front valance.
2. Front side markers removed and filled solid.
3. A 911S rear reflector was incorporated in the rear between the tail light and a remote deck release also installed.
4. The original 4 lug wheels have been replaced with real Fuchs 5 lug wheels that have been powder coated satin black.
5. Installed Porsche graphics in gold to lower side valances.
6. Replaced original steering wheel with Momo with Porsche center cap along with a Sony stereo.
Mechanically the car has all the brakes system parts replaced including rebuilt PMB calipers, pads, and hoses. Engine runs fine and has had a recent tune up. Starts and idles as it should and runs out well in all gears.

Details:
1. Body – Solid, no rust that has been mechanically stripped to bare metal and etch primed, epoxy primed, and painted correct factory color Palma Green (paint code L 95 K). Sanded and polished.
2. Engine – Original 1.8 liter fuel injected engine. L-jet fuel injection. Runs perfectly, recent tune up.
3. Transmission – Original 5 speed manual transmission.
4. Wheels/Tires – Wheels are 5 lug Fuchs that have been powder coated satin black to match the paint scheme of the car. Tires are brand new Falken Ziex 205/50R 16
5. Interior – Stock interior in great condition. New light weight carpet set installed. Momo steering wheel and Sony stereo.

My Webpage - Craigslist ad

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Old Viking
post Jun 14 2018, 06:52 AM
Post #2

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 19,377
Region Association: Europe

Hi to the Forum.
I am the one who bought the car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
I have been screening this Forum for more than 2 years, nearly daily, trying to find a suitable 914 to export to Norway.
It has been many nice cars available, but the distance, limited budget and difficulties has made it hard to make the right decision in time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Anyway, I just had to do something and I contacted Russ regarding his car.
It has been a pleasure to deal with him and he has been very helpful in any aspect.
As some of the members comments was, I decided to do some little modifications before shipment.
I just want to say thanks to all PM`s that have been sent and answered from you and I will probably start following the Garage and Parts Forum from now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
Here is some photos to show some modifications as back dated aft bumper and replaced steering wheel and it will hopefully be in Norway in 3-4 weeks’ time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
2mAn
post Jun 15 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #3

trying to see how long I can go without a 914

Member No.: 16,644
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Old Viking @ Jun 14 2018, 05:52 AM) *

Here is some photos to show some modifications as back dated aft bumper and replaced steering wheel and it will hopefully be in Norway in 3-4 weeks’ time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Looks great! Congrats, it was a wonderful value...

I love my Datsun, but this and another 914 have really messed with my head and have been advertising it for sale. With this one gone, theres only one other current 914 thats for sale that would make me really consider selling it.

I look forward to seeing pics of it in YOUR garage! Time to start collecting more parts, though I dont think the car needs much at all from here
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
russ911   For sale 1975 Porshe 914. Sold   Apr 16 2018, 06:50 PM
2mAn   Not a bad looking car, though the early chrome fro...   Apr 21 2018, 09:59 AM
iwanta914-6   Not a bad looking car, though the early chrome fr...   Apr 21 2018, 10:31 AM
russ911   Yes SCV was the member I purchased this car from 5...   Apr 21 2018, 01:04 PM
russ911   I have gotten some good feedback and some not so g...   Apr 21 2018, 01:24 PM
iwanta914-6   It looks great, don't let the purists get you ...   Apr 21 2018, 04:46 PM
mobymutt   It looks great, don't let the purists get you...   Apr 21 2018, 07:40 PM
2mAn   It looks great, don't let the purists get you...   Apr 30 2018, 09:02 PM
mepstein   The rear bumper is even easier to backdate than th...   May 1 2018, 05:31 AM
Gint   The rear bumper is even easier to backdate than th...   May 13 2018, 01:06 PM
2mAn   How did you convert to 5 lug? This car is really ...   May 2 2018, 12:41 PM
ValcoOscar   How did you convert to 5 lug? Did I miss that? Th...   May 2 2018, 12:50 PM
ndfrigi   How did you convert to 5 lug? Did I miss that? T...   May 2 2018, 01:33 PM
Mueller   Good looking car, the people making the complaints...   May 2 2018, 12:45 PM
russ911   The Fuchs on the car now are real. I have photos o...   May 2 2018, 01:12 PM
russ911   Hi, I own the car currently. I got some interesti...   May 3 2018, 12:10 PM
russ911   Thanks for the input. I have more photos if you c...   May 13 2018, 01:30 PM
Gint   Thanks for the input. I have more photos if you ...   May 13 2018, 03:14 PM
Gint   Updated with PPI in post #17   May 15 2018, 09:11 PM
Old Viking   Hi to the Forum. I am the one who bought the car. ...   Jun 14 2018, 06:52 AM
mepstein   Hi to the Forum. I am the one who bought the car....   Jun 14 2018, 08:03 AM
2mAn   Here is some photos to show some modifications ...   Jun 15 2018, 09:00 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:20 AM