Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> '71 914 Rejuvenation
jhynesrockmtn
post Sep 30 2021, 07:33 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(SeanDeanC @ Sep 29 2021, 05:18 PM) *

So, I'm back. +1. The most amazing daughter, my first that I thought I would wish to be a son, has taken the majority of my time. I just placed an order to rebuild 'as-is', meaning a 1911 build. While power could be something I chase I like the idea of keeping it 'faster' revving and more inline with what my FIL built/bought. I've ordered AMC 42x36 94 Bore heads, Chromoly H-Beam 5.00" Rods (pains me to pay for stock length rods at this price), & 96mm Type 4 Bus Pistons with Biral Cylinders.

I'd love input on the rod purchase. I'm not looking to abuse this car but rods seemingly are hard to find at the stock 1.7L stroke (66mm) for cheap. Anywho, I'll post build pics as they come.

Good for you and congrats on your daughter. They are the best! I'll be following this closely. I've got a long dormant 1.7 liter 1972 that I am making plans for. I'm likely going to pull the original engine and store it. I've got 2 2.0 cores, one with FI that I can build from. I am thinking of going with carbs or modern FI.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:01 AM