Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just another clutch tube fix, $10 no-weld or disassembly required
Boomingbeetle
post Apr 22 2018, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,556
Region Association: Southern California

My clutch cable tube was completely broken free and moving around inside the tunnel so I decided to try an easy brace/fix. It worked pretty well. I used a $10 two-piece shaft collar clamp with a 1/2” ID at the rear firewall. I don’t have access to my welder for a few months so this is temporary but may end up permanent... I did loosen the clutch cable at the trans so you can see the inner cable sheath entering the tube.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Boomingbeetle
post Apr 22 2018, 10:49 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,556
Region Association: Southern California

There is an inspection window cut in my tunnel in front of the shifter by PO. The collar is still holding the tube but it was sliding forward and back maybe 4”.

Attached Image

I decided to use a 1-hole rubber lined pinch clamp screwed into the side of the tunnel below the shifter for added support. Feels rock solid now. Here is a picture of the clamp on the tube but I couldn’t get a better photo once it was in place. The whole thing was rotated and pushed forward so the bolt and hole are below the tube.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:01 PM