Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help with a 6, Electrical
mmascari
post Apr 22 2018, 01:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,850
Region Association: None

I am hoping to get some advice on my six conversion. Got the car back a couple months ago and it has been running great until recently. It is a 3.0 with PMO carbs. The engine just dies while I am driving it and then will not start. It doesnt matter if the revs are high or low. There is fuel in the carbs. The only thing that gets me going again is to remove the distributor cap and re-seat it. I replaced the rotor already. Is it possible that the cap just slips out of place? It feels seated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Apr 22 2018, 01:46 PM
Post #2

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I'm assuming stock SC dizzy?

First thing I'd check the green wire on the dizzy, on an SC it often breaks at the mount then flexes till the copper wires break.

Other causes, stock CD dieing, cracked cap, pick up dieing, dizzy bushings shot, rotor resistor shot, bad ignition wires, coil.
+Quote Post
mmascari
post Apr 22 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,850
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 22 2018, 12:46 PM) *

I'm assuming stock SC dizzy?

First thing I'd check the green wire on the dizzy, on an SC it often breaks at the mount then flexes till the copper wires break.

Other causes, stock CD dieing, cracked cap, pick up dieing, dizzy bushings shot, rotor resistor shot, bad ignition wires, coil.

Thanks for your expertise Mark.

It is the stock dist. The green wire is new but I am wondering if it is not making contact in the dist properly. I have MSD ignition module, new wires, new coil, etc.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:50 PM