Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Hard is it?, Carbs that is
MarkG
post Jun 8 2005, 12:17 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,102

I bought a new Throtle body after EBS Racing said mine needed so much work (warped base, oval shaft holes and butterfly to body wear) that it would be $500 to fix my old one......

I too spent way too much $$$ replacing parts trying to get mine to run for more than 90 seconds after doing some upgrades to the FI and ignition.

After 8 weeks and $$$$ I discover by accident that the Jacobs coil I bought from Performance Products needed an external 3ohm resistor (try finding THAT fact in their catalog!!!). I was melting points almost instantly; bought a Bosch Blue and car has run perfect since......

I converted my '69 911E to carbs from MFI when I rebuilt the engine to 'S' specs and it never did run as well as it did on the old worn-out MFI.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mxdude914
post Jun 8 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 925

I have replaced the relay several times, cleaned out the connectors and filled it with die electric gel.
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Jun 8 2005, 12:59 PM
Post #23

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Replacing the relay won't help if the relay BOARD is the problem, or the wiring to and from it. Jumper the pump. If the pump still dies, it's the pump. If it doesn't, it's not the pump, it's the wiring to it.
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jun 8 2005, 01:06 PM
Post #24

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Well you did mention you wanted to sell it. What exactly do you have. My buddy has the hots for a 914 after driving mine like he stole it.
Cheap is good,.... rust is not. Interior is not important it will get gutted. Basically he wants to replicate mine. I wish him luck.

Now that we have fixed your problem sell me your car. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
mxdude914
post Jun 8 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 925

after i fix the problem i will decide about selling it. But ill keep you in mind.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:34 PM