Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Do-it-yourself flare progress, custom steel flares without welding
John Kelly
post Jul 11 2003, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 640

Hi Folks,

I've been able to make some headway on handmade flares, and the how-to video...long ways to go yet, but with Zach's help it is going well. I've attached a picture. The wheels and tires are not the ones that will be on it. This is a mock-up. These are 16x7s with a 1" spacer, and 225 tires (too fat for 7s)...almost like having a 9" rim with a smaller tire. The 15x8s Zach plans to run will fit very nicely and give a better representation of the flares. This picture looks a little funny with such fat/tall tires. So far I've used a ballpeen hammer, a shot dolly, or shot bag, a modified vice grip clamp, and a hammer, and a few dollies. The two rear flares are roughed in, but will need more attention to get them perfect. Pretty easy to do...not as tedious as I thought it would be. I'm thinking this is a better way to go than welding flares (mine included) on. More pictures later. I'm enjoying the video making process. It makes me explain things I did not know I knew...things that were kind of instinctive I guess.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 12:25 PM