Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB any working 2.0 FI Injectors, Will pay top dollar, semi-urgent
Such914
post May 11 2018, 03:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,852
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Hello, I have a bit of a "Sob" story here. I am a college student with a '74 2.0, and I am (Hopefully) driving home next Friday. I am working with a shop to get my car back to FI, but today I learned that my injectors are cracked. No companies currently stock rebuilt ones, and Auto Atlanta is out. If anyone has any good ones, I will pay top dollar (whatever that is) and have them overnight shipped. I would like the best ones I can find, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks in advance to the best automotive community out there!

Thanks,
Christian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mtndawg
post May 11 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,985
Region Association: None

Are they green?
+Quote Post
Such914
post May 11 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(mtndawg @ May 11 2018, 05:08 PM) *

Are they green?

Yes, they are.
+Quote Post
Such914
post May 11 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #4

Does anyone know if these would work?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk...866&jsn=365
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post May 11 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Yes and NO. Yes they will fit and NO the injector plug is WRONG. I have a set and they would not take them back. THEIR catalog is CORRECT and I did not know what I was talking about.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 11 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #6

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I would contact bdstone914, Garold and Mcmark. Also Brad at 914lmt.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Such914
post May 11 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 11 2018, 06:03 PM) *

Yes and NO. Yes they will fit and NO the injector plug is WRONG. I have a set and they would not take them back. THEIR catalog is CORRECT and I did not know what I was talking about.

Rockauto is not a stellar organization.

Crap. Mr. Injector sent me over to them, and said that they would fit. I guess I'm down $400.
+Quote Post
Such914
post May 11 2018, 05:17 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 11 2018, 06:05 PM) *

I would contact bdstone914, Garold and Mcmark. Also Brad at 914lmt.

Thank you, I will send them some messages.
+Quote Post
Jonathan Livesay
post May 11 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 11,461

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 11 2018, 06:03 PM) *

Rockauto is not a stellar organization.

Crap. Mr. Injector sent me over to them, and said that they would fit. I guess I'm down $400.

Does anyone know if they are correct in fuel flow for 914 2.0? Because if they are and all you have to do is put new connectors on the wiring harness they seem like a good option when compared to 40+ year old parts. No?
+Quote Post
Such914
post May 11 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #10

Hi all, I just got off the phone with Rich at High Performance House. He sells unopened OEM injectors, and was willing to stay after work to make sure I got the product on time. They were expensive ($1150, out of this world for a college student), but that is the price you pay for quick shipping and original parts. I guess that this is a good long term investment for my car. I would highly recommend calling him if you have any parts needs, as he gave me phenomenal customer service and was willing to work around some bumps in the road. I decided to not go with the rockauto parts, as everywhere I looked online people recited their customer service horror stories from dealing with them.
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 11 2018, 07:52 PM
Post #11

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

$1150 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif)

I've purchased a lot of parts for my Tacoma over the years and just recently purchased all the suspension and brake parts for my Ghia from Rock Auto. Never had a problem, but then again, I never had to return anything.

On the other hand, I'll never purchase anything from Parts Geek again. They sent an incorrect part for my wife's '99 Beetle and wanted me to pay for return shipping + a 15% restocking fee. Their web site claimed the part was correct for the car, but it definitely wasn't. I told them to stuff it up their ass and would tell all my friends to avoid shopping with them every chance I get.
+Quote Post
Such914
post May 11 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(euro911 @ May 11 2018, 08:52 PM) *

I've purchased a lot of parts for my Tacoma over the years and just recently purchased all the suspension and brake parts for my Ghia from Rock Auto. Never had a problem, but then again, I never had to return anything.

On the other hand, I'll never purchase anything from Parts Geek again. They sent an incorrect part for my wife's '99 Beetle and wanted me to pay for return shipping + a 15% restocking fee. Their web site claimed the part was correct for the car, but it definitely wasn't. I told them to stuff it up their ass and would tell all my friends to avoid shopping with them every chance I get.

If it helps, I bought this car from the original owner with 50k miles. It's an optioned out 1974 2.0, and I've been trying to keep it in decently original shape. So to me, the OEM ones would be reliable and help keep the vehicle how I found it. I've also had some bad experience with parts geek, their website is rarely ever accurate.
+Quote Post
mtndawg
post May 11 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 9,985

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 07:06 PM) *

If it helps, I bought this car from the original owner with 50k miles. It's an optioned out 1974 2.0, and I've been trying to keep it in decently original shape. So to me, the OEM ones would be reliable and help keep the vehicle how I found it. I've also had some bad experience with parts geek, their website is rarely ever accurate.

I have never seen OEM injectors in original packaging. You pay a premium for hens teeth. Sounds like the car may be worth it.
+Quote Post
Such914
post May 11 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #14

Rock Auto customer support refunded me, as the order had yet to ship. They did say that they had received other complaints about the product discrepancy.
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 11 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #15

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
mb911
post May 12 2018, 06:01 AM
Post #16

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 08:30 PM) *

Rock Auto customer support refunded me, as the order had yet to ship. They did say that they had received other complaints about the product discrepancy.

Where in Wisconsin are you?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914Next
post May 12 2018, 07:36 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 17,695

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 08:31 PM) *

Hi all, I just got off the phone with Rich at High Performance House. He sells unopened OEM injectors, and was willing to stay after work to make sure I got the product on time. They were expensive ($1150, out of this world for a college student), but that is the price you pay for quick shipping and original parts. I guess that this is a good long term investment for my car. I would highly recommend calling him if you have any parts needs, as he gave me phenomenal customer service and was willing to work around some bumps in the road. I decided to not go with the rockauto parts, as everywhere I looked online people recited their customer service horror stories from dealing with them.

Yup that is the going rate for nos injectors. Glad you found them.
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 12 2018, 08:31 AM
Post #18

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(mtndawg @ May 11 2018, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 07:06 PM) *

I have never seen OEM injectors in original packaging. You pay a premium for hens teeth. Sounds like the car may be worth it.

I bought a set in 2011 from George. They were rare then but he had come upon a batch and offered them up at $100 ea, IIRC. They come with the crimped on braided rubber piece, which I quickly removed considering todays gasoline blends. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
914Next
post May 12 2018, 08:53 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 17,695

Yup. I bought 4 from George about 3 years ago and paid $149 each. Now going rate when you can find them is $250-$300.
+Quote Post
Such914
post May 12 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(mb911 @ May 12 2018, 07:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 08:30 PM) *

Where in Wisconsin are you?

My college is in Minneapolis, but home is in Whitewater WI. My house is about 40 minutes from Rock Auto HQ.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:50 PM