Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB any working 2.0 FI Injectors, Will pay top dollar, semi-urgent
mb911
post May 12 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 12 2018, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ May 12 2018, 07:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Such914 @ May 11 2018, 08:30 PM) *

Rock Auto customer support refunded me, as the order had yet to ship. They did say that they had received other complaints about the product discrepancy.

Where in Wisconsin are you?

My college is in Minneapolis, but home is in Whitewater WI. My house is about 40 minutes from Rock Auto HQ.

I am 35 minutes from whitewater. Near lake Geneva.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post May 14 2018, 06:13 AM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I think these would work (in the 380cc config). The electrical connector is the new type, but I think the original 914 injector will fit -- or you can install new connectors on your harness.
https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/hose-type-e...o-sport-compact
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 14 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #23

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Mark, what would you suggest for injectors for a 1911? ... 315cc ~ 380cc is a big gap (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post May 15 2018, 09:50 AM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

*** I made a new thread in The Garage since this has broader value and may get missed in the classifieds. Click here to respond to this post. Let's move the HiJack over there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ***

That question made me dig in deeper. So I collected the following info for stock injectors. The critical piece when comparing injectors is the testing fuel pressure. I was able to look up the flow-report some other members had posted, which show the after cleaning flow rates. A set of 2.0 injectors flow tested at 42 lb/hr, confirming the 380cc @ 2bar rating that's been passed around. So using that, I built the following table using the typically reported flow rates for the other stock injectors.
Attached Image

The FiveO injectors don't explicitly state their testing pressure, but industry standard is 3-bar. So using the chart above you can find the best fit injectors for stock replacement. BUT YOU MUST CONSIDER WHAT FUEL PRESSURE YOU WANT TO RUN. Considering this thread is about a stock 2.0, you either need 450cc injectors at 28psi, OR 380cc injectors at 43psi. And higher fuel pressure improves atomization, so I'd upgrade to 3bar fuel pressure.

and now to get to you actual question, "What injectors to use with a 1911?" you also have to consider the collection of components your using. I'm going to answer this based on the assumption that you're using a complete and correct setup, meaning matching ECU, MPS, etc.
(also note: cam choice can make a difference here too because different cams will have different VE results)

Okay, so here we go:
Attached Image

So a 1911 is 14% bigger than a stock 1.7. So assuming you had a perfect, complete 1.7 fuel injection system (which implies 'perfect' tuning) that you were installing on a 1911, you would use 380cc injectors to compensate for the increase in displacement.

The 1.8 and 2.0 are there as well.

My thinking, as I type this, is that the tuning of the stock fuel injection is tied to the ECU, MPS and Injectors (mostly). So which collection of components you're using would change which 'upgraded' injectors you would need for a 1911.
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 15 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #25

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Thanks for doing the homework, Mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:03 AM