Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Porsche content, Boxster with Raby engine
76-914
post May 17 2018, 08:44 AM
Post #21

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

You've come a long way; from Scotty B bending you over the barrel to Bill giving you a fair shake. The S model w/ an LS3 will hopefully be my next project. Nice car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post May 17 2018, 10:31 AM
Post #22

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 17 2018, 08:46 AM) *

The bigger issue with the dual mass flywheel is the rubber dampening center section wearing out.
This year alone I've replaced 3 DM flywheels that looked good but failed the spec test on the center.

Mark, is there a better option for the flywheel? I know the p.o. didn't do well driving a clutch it was pretty burned up and worn and yes the dual mass rubber thing is a problem- do they make a different one, I believe my new one came from Porsche so its OEM. - I have never worn a clutch out in my life- I only had 2k miles on the car myself when I took it in to do the clutch. my last S I had I put 30k miles on it and no issue, and the next owner has put another 30 k on it for a total of 120 and still on the original clutch and flywheel. should I expect to get atleast 60-75k miles on this new one?
- oh and that motor you are building looks awesome!,
LS3 boxster? hm . seems like the Boxster is becoming the more popular platform for modifications now....
+Quote Post
jmitro
post May 17 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 18,986
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Philip W. @ May 17 2018, 11:31 AM) *

LS3 boxster? hm . seems like the Boxster is becoming the more popular platform for modifications now....

cuz they are so damn common and so damn cheap.
I've seriously contemplated selling my low mile 996 and going spec boxster racing.
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post May 17 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #24

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 17 2018, 10:44 AM) *

You've come a long way; from Scotty B bending you over the barrel to Bill giving you a fair shake. The S model w/ an LS3 will hopefully be my next project. Nice car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Ha, thanks for reminding me! I suppose it evens out with this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
BTW, should clarify it was Scotty Boy, who is now banned from 914world.
Post pics of that thing when you finish it!

QUOTE(Philip W. @ May 16 2018, 10:44 PM) *

- but 20 year old shocks suck, so that will be the next upgrade. - oh btw our cars are twins- Silver with hard top- So enjoy!

Yup, that's actually my first project too. My new rear struts just showed up and I'm doing those this weekend. I'll do the fronts later this summer.

Great looking car! Almost twins - my hardtop is actually a non-metallic grey. I had intentions of painting it to match the car, but the more I look at it the more I like the vintage two-tone vibe it has. Although I don't know if it's a case of affection by association (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) It reminds me of an early two-tone Ghia or 356 notchback, although I wonder if that's a reference that's lost on more modern Porsche owners than not.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:02 PM