Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Subaru EZ30R conversion, will the 6 speed transmission work?
Aircooledfool
post May 15 2018, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,858
Region Association: None

I would like to use the 6 speed transmission that I can purchased mated to the EZ30R. When I look at Bremarauto's site, they say their 2WD conversion kit does not work with the 6 speed. Has anyone already used this transmission? If so, can you point me to the conversion parts you used?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Chi-town
post Sep 5 2018, 07:06 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,446
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 5 2018, 04:42 PM) *

No real benefit to the 6 speed as first and last gear are the same ratio as the 5 speed. In my opinion, it's mostly negative from a 914 perspective.

If you plan to really beat on it the 5mt will shatter 2nd or 3rd under heavy launches with stock gears. They also have a known issue where the 3rd gear double coned syncro with break the double cone causing shifting issues into 3rd and 4th. The JDM RA boxes and USDM LGT boxes will hold up to a bit more but nothing close to the 6MT.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:34 PM