Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.8L 1975 Connector between fuel line and tank, Mechanical Question about Rebuilding Fuel System
briantrex
post May 18 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,135
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi, I had a 1970 1.7L in 1986. Now, I've got a 1975 1.8L in 2018. I'm coming back to some roots and building a machine for my little guy to learn on. I'm rebuilding the front end fuel system--new fuel pump, filter, gaskets, and lines. I have taken everything apart. I have a lot of it back together again. I thought I had documented everything but I missed one bit. The two obtuse elbowed connections to the gas tank are different from each other. One, which I call "A", is shorter and has a tapered tip. The other, which I call "B", is longer and does not taper. They are the same diameter of bent short brass tube with a brass connecting nut on each.

I have two questions about these connections:
#1) Which of these connectors should be in line with the fuel pump and which in line to connect back at the firewall?
#2) Which of these connectors goes in which threaded hole in the fuel tank?

I'm thinking that the tapered end "A" goes in line with the direction of fuel flow but I don't know which one goes in which hole on the tank.

Help a new/old owner out? BTRex
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:05 PM