Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How many classic stiffening kits or a 914/6?
campbellcj
post May 21 2018, 08:39 AM
Post #21

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Steve @ May 19 2018, 06:05 PM) *

My car has both. John Williamson from Otto’s always recommended the rear kit for Racing as well as the boxed trailing arms. The inner Long kit does help the ride and makes the car feel more solid. My car inner frame still separated behind the battery. The battery acid weakened the spot welds, which caused them to break loose. Your asking for trouble running Racing tires on a car that does not have all the suspension pickup points attached via a full roll cage.

Yup my car was originally an Ottos build and it has the GT-type kit as well as the boxed trailing arms. John called this "armor plating". It also has a 10-point welded cage and some other repairs and reinforcements. Still, compared to a modern car (or an early 911 coupe), there is more flex. No issues with this setup running relatively high HP and g-loads (race suspension with no rubber bushings and 10" slicks).
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 08:37 AM