Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how does rain drip pan attach to engine lid?, just screws or were there metal connectors also?
buck toenges
post May 19 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,388
Region Association: None

for 1973 914 rain drip tray. Did the pan just screw to the engine lid or were there some sort of metal fittings that were riveted to the pan and then bolted to engine lid? I can't find any pictures. Where did the right angled rubber stop #2 in pet katalog go on the engine lid

Thanks,
Buck

Here is the latest on the rebuild

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 19 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #2

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

To quote Cap't Ron, "Nobody knows". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) It screws to the lid. 5-6 cheese head screws. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post May 20 2018, 11:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

A few different fasteners. At the front (the portion closest to the rear window) it just screwed into the engine cover. At the back, it screwed through the rain tray and then some spacers before it screwed to the engine lid. Spacers were about 10mm thick if I remember correctly. The rubber piece attaches at the rear of the rain tray (nearest the rear trunk link). It fits over one of the stand offs/captured nut that the rain tray screws onto. The thickness of that rubber bumper takes the place of one of those spacers in that location.

I’ll try to take a pic tomorrow but the PET should give some good info on location of parts. I used new stainless screws and washers from my local ACE hardware. I used nylon washers from ACE for the spacers.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:35 AM