Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Delayed power when accelerating ?
cal914
post May 20 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,366
Region Association: None

I have a 2.0 original 6 engine upgraded too a 2.2 with E cams ,I had the carbs rejetted because she was apparently running to lean ,now when accelerating the car splutters and there’s a vagueness when accelerating at speed allmost as though it’s being pulled back (if that makes sense )she’s also she pops a lot at speed ,any advice would be great
Thanks Brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iankarr
post May 20 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #2

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I’m not a carb expert by any means, but had my share of the same issues on my carbed 2056. Oversll, it sounds like the carbs are out of sync....which would explain a lot of what you’re describing. Jetting may also need to be fine tuned further since that pulling back sensation indicates a “flat spot” and popping is usually cause by a lean condition.

I’m sure if you post your jets, vents, linkage, last rebuild and how you synched the carbs, the brain trust here (especially Chris at Tangerine) can help!
+Quote Post
cal914
post May 20 2018, 11:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,366
Region Association: None

I had the work done at an independent Porsche Garage ,I’d have to check with the Mechanic to see exactly what he changed ,I was going to take her to a rolling road to have them take a look ,is that a good idea do you think
Thanks Brian
+Quote Post
914Toy
post May 20 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 21,596
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(cal914 @ May 20 2018, 10:38 AM) *

I had the work done at an independent Porsche Garage ,I’d have to check with the Mechanic to see exactly what he changed ,I was going to take her to a rolling road to have them take a look ,is that a good idea do you think
Thanks Brian

Cal, sent you a PM.
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post May 20 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Read Paul Abbot’s excellent article on Weber carburetors on his Performance Oriented website. Be sure to check your timing and valve lash are correct before fiddling with the carbs however. Plugged idle jets are often a problem with Weber carbs and today’s ethanol laced fuels. If you have access to the equipment, knowing if it’s running lean would help. Also be sure to check your accelerator pump volume if it’s perhaps going lean when you’re accelerating.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 20 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #6

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 20 2018, 04:23 PM) *

Read Paul Abbot’s excellent article on Weber carburetors on his Performance Oriented website.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) A must read for working on IDA /6 weber carbs.

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 20 2018, 04:23 PM) *

Also be sure to check your volume if it’s perhaps going lean when you’re accelerating.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Did you install a new gasket kit? Your accelerator pump diaphragms might be shot.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:03 AM