Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pending
lostreasure
post May 23 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,048
Region Association: None

pending -deposit received
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post May 23 2018, 07:34 PM
Post #2

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(lostreasure @ May 23 2018, 08:51 PM) *

I have a original LE that is very rusty and needs a new body-It has been sitting many years and would take alot to restore- It is definitely the real deal. $2500 serious buyers please inquire for pics-it may go to ebay this week if no one steps up here-sold on Bill of sale

The one you paid $1400 or less for in early April?

The one that you posted you were going to restore?

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 23 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #3

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Yeah, pretty sure you nailed it.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
billh1963
post May 24 2018, 06:43 AM
Post #4

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 24 2018, 12:13 AM) *

Yeah, pretty sure you nailed it.

Yep. His post on that previous for sale thread where he said he was going to restore it is now missing. Not the first time threads have been sanitized by someone.

At the time this car was posted a few of us traded PM's about him being a flipper and guessing on when and where the car was going to show up next (ebay, BAT, etc.).

I don't care for flippers; however, if you are one at least be honest about it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post May 24 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #5

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629

lostreasure is definitely a flipper.
There was an adriatic blue '72 for sale in Santa Rosa, CA last spring that Randy Wentzel did a PPI on for me. I passed on it because of some possible rear end damage, and because it had been partially repainted and the color match was off. Lostreasure had it up for sale a few months ago on Pelican for double the asking price, repainted, and claiming that it was all original paint.
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post May 24 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I've always found it interesting that no matter what is posted about his behavior on this or other sites, that behavior never changes. Even more interesting is that when he has something to sell (case in point, the new rear bumper he posted last week), members here are all over it. Seems a bit hipacrital to me.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 24 2018, 12:02 PM
Post #7

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I’ve never understood the outrage about flipping a car or anything for that matter. There is no prescribed holding time for buying something and then selling it. Once you purchase, it’s yours to do whatever you please. The separate issue is honesty. Doesn’t matter if you own it for ten minutes or ten years, if you're dishonest, you suck.

Many “flippers” are actually doing the community a service. They find stuff that has need locked away for years and bring it to the market. They are the ones that make a split second decision to purchase and often pay cash. No ppi, no days/weeks worth of questions and dozens of pictures, no PayPal protection. They often take the risk and deserve the reward. Again, if they are being dishonest about the purchase or sale, that’s another matter.

My wife wishes I would be a flipper rather than a buyandholder.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post May 24 2018, 12:09 PM
Post #8

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 24 2018, 01:02 PM) *

I’ve never understood the outrage about flipping a car or anything for that matter. There is no prescribed holding time for buying something and then selling it. Once you purchase, it’s yours to do whatever you please. The separate issue is honesty. Doesn’t matter if you own it for ten minutes or ten years, if you're dishonest, you suck.

Many “flippers” are actually doing the community a service. They find stuff that has need locked away for years and bring it to the market. They are the ones that make a split second decision to purchase and often pay cash. No ppi, no days/weeks worth of questions and dozens of pictures, no PayPal protection. They often take the risk and deserve the reward. Again, if they are being dishonest about the purchase or sale, that’s another matter.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) 100% oh and my wife wishes that I was the same, a flipper rather the buyandholder. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post Jun 9 2018, 04:12 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 18,984

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 24 2018, 10:09 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 24 2018, 01:02 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) 100% oh and my wife wishes that I was the same, a flipper rather the buyandholder. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I seem to buy high and sell low
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jun 9 2018, 10:55 AM
Post #10

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Jun 13 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Yes one's History is a bitch.

Flipper I have been - and will be / from the 230 and 280 SL's to the 356 SC or 356 notchback or various 911's / all sold too cheap in today's dollars.

Along the way "flippin" was a way to buy Bisquick for a meal. If sold correctly, bacon was in the hunt.

Nowadays, those cars will outpace bucks in ocean front real estate sales / I know.. and I am reminded by my lovely numbers-crunching-could-care-less-about-stinking-cars but smart wife, that filppin keeps one in the game / not on the sidelines waiting on the next blip - that may never occur........

Agree with MarkE /

I live in the land of the blueblood holders of things never driven to the machine's limits / a land of car shows of fair weather only / a land of speculation and accumulation . As the Redneck in Thelma said ....F T! I aint gonna apologize Or (monopolize.......) The "flipper" keeps the market true to value.

Now,.. if that is true, I have a very nice well maintained, driven hard to its limits, and working in a fine way..... 914-6 conversion for sale - cheap (by tomorrow's values....)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:27 AM