Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.0L pricing advice
amfab
post Jun 1 2018, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,004
Region Association: None

I have a couple of people interested in buying my 2.0 4cyl. And I need pricing advice.

It is a GA motor from a 74 with about 8k on a rebuild (to 2.1L) for which I have no documentation, just what the P.O. told me. It is fairly clean, with a leak at the taco. When I pulled the motor it was running well with a pertronix and even though the 36idfs are on the small side, they do have 32 venturis. I was running 47 idle jets and 145 mains. Performance is stockish, I assume it still has the FI cams.

My intent was to put it back in the car, not sell it, so all I have is a short video I took from inside the car after I tuned it up. Now that I am so far into the rebuilding of the chassis I am just gonna put a six in it.

I do not follow 4cyl pricing. Does asking $2400 seem reasonable with clutch, stainless heat exchangers, and muffler?

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2oxrx3sjfwf5jl/0...e%20up.mov?dl=0
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SierraNevada
post Jun 1 2018, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,148
Region Association: Southern California

Interested in it for my '74.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 1 2018, 10:19 AM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Seems fair to me, the h/e's add some extra value for sure.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 1 2018, 10:29 AM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(amfab @ Jun 1 2018, 11:34 AM) *

I have a couple of people interested in buying my 2.0 4cyl. And I need pricing advice.

It is a GA motor from a 74 with about 8k on a rebuild (to 2.1L) for which I have no documentation, just what the P.O. told me. It is fairly clean, with a leak at the taco. When I pulled the motor it was running well with a pertronix and even though the 36idfs are on the small side, they do have 32 venturis. I was running 47 idle jets and 145 mains. Performance is stockish, I assume it still has the FI cams.

My intent was to put it back in the car, not sell it, so all I have is a short video I took from inside the car after I tuned it up. Now that I am so far into the rebuilding of the chassis I am just gonna put a six in it.

I do not follow 4cyl pricing. Does asking $2400 seem reasonable with clutch, stainless heat exchangers, and muffler?

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2oxrx3sjfwf5jl/0...e%20up.mov?dl=0

Yes
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Jun 1 2018, 10:34 AM
Post #5

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

I think that's fair. Maybe even on the low side. I'm sure you will get a strong response if that is the price you're posting. Seem like a few of these have come up and passed on since I've been putting mine together and I'm so far into my project, that it's not for me, but I'm sure it could help out someone out there.
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Jul 2 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #6

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

UPDATE...

Well, I'm a new owner of this 2.0 complete drive train, practically bolt in ready less exhaust. Ed turbo and I picked it up yesterday.

Andrew was very easy to work with and I couldn't be happier with transaction. Cool teener, although he has a sick 911 also.

His 3.2 SIX project is well on its way and I admire his hands on approach. Looking forward to meeting up with him again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Oscar

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 2 2018, 09:04 AM
Post #7

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 2 2018, 10:55 AM) *

UPDATE...

Well, I'm a new owner of this 2.0 complete drive train, practically bolt in ready less exhaust. Ed turbo and I picked it up yesterday.

Andrew was very easy to work with and I couldn't be happier with transaction. Cool teener, although he has a sick 911 also.

His 3.2 SIX project is well on its way and I admire his hands on approach. Looking forward to meeting up with him again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Oscar

looks good to me. You will need a 1.7 muffler and hanger.
+Quote Post
sfrenck
post Jul 2 2018, 10:05 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 11,411

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 2 2018, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 2 2018, 10:55 AM) *

UPDATE...

Oscar

looks good to me. You will need a 1.7 muffler and hanger.

Or new heat exchangers....
+Quote Post
Ed_Turbo
post Jul 2 2018, 10:52 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 21,151

Nice to meet you Andrew! Good to see ongoing projects (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Attached Image

-Ed
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:57 PM