Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 74 914 1.8 Signal Orange, Garaged since '98,located in Southern Maryland
KYROBI
post Jun 2 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,043
Region Association: None

I bought the car in '98 and never got around to fixing the hell hole. The car is intact except for the carpet, seats, rocker panel and battery tray to asses rust. The electrical system is intact and works. The engine I am sure turns over. It would not start so I took it to a shop around 2000. They were more clueless than I was so I changed the ignition switch myself and got the car to start but it backfired so it stopped messing with it.
I learned a lot fixing VW mk2 Jettas with CIS-E since then and I know it is an hour or two tops away from starting. Not selling a dream . Just being honest about the motors condition.
It has the original EFI ,center console, original paint. I believe the engine matches. I have the title. I had all the repair records from Porsche but they faded. The transmission works. It did leaks a small amount of oil. It ran well when I drove it. Mechanically it was in great shape that is is why I purchased it but I don't do body repair.
The The inner rocker on the passenger side is rusted and the edges of the floorpan and inner firewall. The car does not sag with the top off. The trunk was treated for surface rust. Before I bought it.
I can get better pictures If there is interest.
Thanks

$6000, make offer
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914z
post Jun 7 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,737

QUOTE(KYROBI @ Jun 2 2018, 03:11 PM) *

I bought the car in '98 and never got around to fixing the hell hole. The car is intact except for the carpet, seats, rocker panel and battery tray to asses rust. The electrical system is intact and works. The engine I am sure turns over. It would not start so I took it to a shop around 2000. They were more clueless than I was so I changed the ignition switch myself and got the car to start but it backfired so it stopped messing with it.
I learned a lot fixing VW mk2 Jettas with CIS-E since then and I know it is an hour or two tops away from starting. Not selling a dream . Just being honest about the motors condition.
It has the original EFI ,center console, original paint. I believe the engine matches. I have the title. I had all the repair records from Porsche but they faded. The transmission works. It did leaks a small amount of oil. It ran well when I drove it. Mechanically it was in great shape that is is why I purchased it but I don't do body repair.
The The inner rocker on the passenger side is rusted and the edges of the floorpan and inner firewall. The car does not sag with the top off. The trunk was treated for surface rust. Before I bought it.
I can get better pictures If there is interest.
Thanks

$6000, make offer

pics?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:36 AM