Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hesitation/miss at steady throttle
nsargeant
post Jun 3 2018, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,381
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a 1974 914 2.0 that I purchased last summer. When I bought it the connector to the TPS was unhooked. It seemed to run a bit rich and load up a little right after starting but outside of that,seemed to run ok without any hesitations. After i fixed a couple wires and hooked it up it ran better. Better throttle response, better starts, and even seems a little quicker. It seems after it warms up though i will get a miss occasionally while at a steady throttle. As soon as i accelerate when it is missing it comes out of it. It will probably miss/hesitate a few times in a 10 mile drive. Seems to happen in between 3-4000 rpm. Is this a common problem with a TPS going out? am I even looking in the right direction? It doesn't seem to do it when the plug is unhooked from the tps.

Thanks,

Nathan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:17 AM