Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Horn slip ring contact broken, Any ideas how to repair?
PDXMike
post Jun 13 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #1

Slowly Learning

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,501
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The spring contact on the direction indicator switch that is supposed to make contact with the horn contact ring in the steering wheel is broken. Has anyone managed to repair this?

Attached Image

I was thinking I could bend up a replacement piece of spring steel or brass, but I'm not sure how to attach it. I'd rather not have to drill out all the rivets. Maybe I could thread the center of the existing rivet and screw another piece on top. then I could solder the new piece to the existing one.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tjmrfe
post Jun 15 2018, 06:34 AM
Post #2

NON IMPEDING RATIONE COGITATIONIS

Member No.: 18,612
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(PDXMike @ Jun 13 2018, 07:48 PM) *

The spring contact on the direction indicator switch that is supposed to make contact with the horn contact ring in the steering wheel is broken. Has anyone managed to repair this?

Attached Image

I was thinking I could bend up a replacement piece of spring steel or brass, but I'm not sure how to attach it. I'd rather not have to drill out all the rivets. Maybe I could thread the center of the existing rivet and screw another piece on top. then I could solder the new piece to the existing one.

Boy oh boy....I had same issue, spent way more time trying to “fix”this...the space is so unforgiving that I ended up just buying a replacement turn stalk assembly it was the best $30.00 I could’ve spent. I’m usually a patient guy too. Good luck,
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Jun 15 2018, 07:22 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Buy a new one
+Quote Post
PDXMike
post Jun 15 2018, 10:51 AM
Post #4

Slowly Learning

Member No.: 12,501
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Boy oh boy....I had same issue, spent way more time trying to “fix”this...the space is so unforgiving that I ended up just buying a replacement turn stalk assembly it was the best $30.00 I could’ve spent. I’m usually a patient guy too. Good luck,

At first I only saw the original Porsche part for $325. A little more digging and I now see the $45 repro. A new part it is!

Thanks for the help.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:08 AM