Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT Pelican packaging for parts?, Yep they did it again !!!!!
porschetub
post Jun 14 2018, 01:38 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Have a small shipment on the way from them,went to pay my freight forward and they stated they had repacked and saved me money and pinged me a $4.50nzd to do so,parcel was way oversize for contents.
Package was a Golf head gasket,injector seals ,radiator hose and some small gaskets,nothing more.
I mention this because the last time I had this issue I got a reply from the new CEO and then customer service saying that they would add the fact that I was an oversea's customer they would add a note to my profile....fair enough seemed like good service.
Well nothing changed because I added a note on checkout,"Overseas customer please pack in smallest box possible,cheers Dean" ,not a great result.
About to lodge a complaint but before I do will pm Mr Stone and take up his offer of assistance as per my last thread,rant over (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
bdstone914
post Jun 14 2018, 06:08 AM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Please PM me your order number and I will look into it for you.
Bruce
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jun 14 2018, 10:50 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Heads up to Bruce he has offered to help ,big thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) .
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 15 2018, 12:41 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Dean,

You might try talking with Tom Gould there to see if he can help to get it set-up properly on your account info,

He's a longtime Porsche guy, & former 914 owner, & one of the Pelican founders (I don't know if he still has any ownership there though) - so he would probably be open to 914world member from Kiwi-land.

If I see him at our local P-club Concours tomorrow, then I'll try to remember to give him a heads-up about it - if my half-zymers doesn't kick in! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Cheers & Good Luck Mate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jun 15 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 16 2018, 06:41 AM) *

Dean,

You might try talking with Tom Gould there to see if he can help to get it set-up properly on your account info,

He's a longtime Porsche guy, & former 914 owner, & one of the Pelican founders (I don't know if he still has any ownership there though) - so he would probably be open to 914world member from Kiwi-land.

If I see him at our local P-club Concours tomorrow, then I'll try to remember to give him a heads-up about it - if my half-zymers doesn't kick in! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Cheers & Good Luck Mate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom,I may be up against the system (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) ,this happened once years ago and I took it on the chin,lately one order after another this has happened,hope its not a change in management that has caused this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) .
Watched a doco on Amazon while researching this issue and their dispatch system uses computers to select the size of box used,the dispatcher has no input on the box selected and merely packs,tapes and labels them moves on to the next one,Amazon UK were the target of this issue and accused of causing too much waste.
Don't know Pelicans system but would think it may be the same.

+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jun 20 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Well things have transpired on my issue with Pelican Parts,recieved an email from Tom Darrah operations manager,he admitted there was a glitch in the system,so basically what I read into this my order was packed as it would be for a domestic order.
I would like to thank Tom and Bruce Stone for there help ,I was offered a $20 store credit on my next order which offsets the repacking fee's @ my freight forwarder.
Case closed.
+Quote Post
Ed_Turbo
post Jun 20 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 21,151
Region Association: Southern California

Bruce will take care of ya bro. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

-Ed
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 20 2018, 09:47 PM
Post #8

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 20 2018, 04:39 PM) *

Well things have transpired on my issue with Pelican Parts,recieved an email from Tom Darrah operations manager,he admitted there was a glitch in the system,so basically what I read into this my order was packed as it would be for a domestic order.
I would like to thank Tom and Bruce Stone for there help ,I was offered a $20 store credit on my next order which offsets the repacking fee's @ my freight forwarder.
Case closed.

Glad to help out. Mistakes will happen, you just respond in the best way to address the customers problem.
Bruce
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:09 AM