Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HELP--wife is starting to enjoy this, flat-towed me in again
anderssj
post Jun 11 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Dog is my copilot...

Group: Members
Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The 14 died again--this time I couldn't get it to restart.

Wife flat-towed me home for the second time in the last month or so . . . not only is she getting pretty good driving the tow car, she's started laughing when she pulls up in the parking lot (at least she's not pointing and laughing yet).

The car ran great yesterday AM while it was still reasonably cool--but once it started to warm up (85F+), it started to mis-fire, almost like running out of gas.

It finally died approaching the parking lot on base. Pulled the carb covers and confirmed it was getting gas, but was unable to check spark. Once I got it home, I was able to confirm 12v at the + side of the coil, but that's as far as I got.

FWIW, last time it did this was also on a hot day . . .

Will a coil that's on the way out quit as temps go up?

I'll probably start a full ignition tune-up tomorrow, but would really appreciate any tips on what else to look for.

Thanks in advance,

Steve A-
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:19 AM