Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strange parking light switch, Not like any other
StarBear
post Jun 15 2018, 06:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Removed the parking brake switch to clean/maintain, but see it doesn't match anything I've ever seen before (photo below). Certainly not the ones that folks sell for this purpose and somewhat close to a Karmann or 412 dome light switch but with a 2mm spade rather than the 3mm spade that those have. It has a VW stamp and something like a K in a circle, but no part number. Original owner, so it's not like a PO jerry-rigged something. Any ideas, anyone?Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Jun 15 2018, 07:24 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

That is the correct stock handbrake switch. For reference is is also a stock VW Beetle door switch.
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Jun 15 2018, 08:40 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 15 2018, 09:24 AM) *

That is the correct stock handbrake switch. For reference is is also a stock VW Beetle door switch.

Thought so, too but a) most have 2-prongs or b) others have 3mm spade and slightly different vertical rather than horizontal configuration. Any chance there's an OEM part number? All 914 parking brake switches I can find show the door switch, which is really quite different. Thanks!
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Jun 15 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

Actually the door switches and the handbrake switches are the same
part numbers and were originally 113-947-561 in the factory parts manual. . I believe that is a VW number. . it was a single contact switch.
edit = there are some with the same part number but with a letter suffix of D or G for different engine size cars. . A guess but may have something to do with double contact for seatbelt interlock on later years ??. .

Last time I went to the dealer to get one [ about 8 years ago] . . it had been superseded to the double contact version which I seem to remember was a 924 part number but looked identical on the exposed portion.
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Jun 15 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(toolguy @ Jun 15 2018, 01:11 PM) *

part numbers and were originally 113-947-561 in the factory parts manual. . I believe that is a VW number. . it was a single contact switch.
edit = there are some with the same part number but with a letter suffix of D or G for different engine size cars. . A guess but may have something to do with double contact for seatbelt interlock on later years ??. .

Last time I went to the dealer to get one [ about 8 years ago] . . it had been superseded to the double contact version which I seem to remember was a 924 part number but looked identical on the exposed portion.

Thanks! At least there's a part number to start the journey. Yeah, many parts superceded with diverse designs, but not necessarily interchangeable. The adventure continues!
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Jun 15 2018, 12:01 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(StarBear @ Jun 15 2018, 01:23 PM) *

QUOTE(toolguy @ Jun 15 2018, 01:11 PM) *

Thanks! At least there's a part number to start the journey. Yeah, many parts superceded with diverse designs, but not necessarily interchangeable. The adventure continues!

Awesome! The clue worked. Googled that part number, sorted through the dozen or so photos of diverse variations and found a photo of just the right one ("H" version, but still at least two different ones with that same designation), in The Samba classified ads - and current! Ordered two. I love 914world and its population. Onward!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:57 AM