Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chester County, PA Cars and Coffee, 914 Gathering
ThreeV8s
post Jun 18 2018, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,915
Region Association: North East States

There is a cars and coffee every Saturday morning at 8-11 am in the Wegman’s parking lot in Malvern. There seems to be a pretty consistent showing of Porsches and several interesting cars in general, and I was thinking about using it as an opportunity for a 914 get-together. If anyone else is interested and the weather forecast holds up, I was thinking we could plan to head over this Saturday (23rd). Address below:

50 Foundry Way
Malvern PA 19355

Also, I took a drive this past weekend that had a nice mix of curves and straightaways based on a thread I found on the bird about driving roads in Chester County. I was thinking this could be something to do following cars and coffee if anyone wants to. Basically, we would be heading South on 202 down to the back roads southwest of West Chester University and back up. The ride from Wegman's and back would take approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Of course, anyone could split off wherever they would like.

I am definitely not much of an organizer, so please feel free to provide input on meeting location, the drive, timing, etc.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914dave
post Jun 18 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #2

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262

I’ve been hitting the Bucks County Exotics cars and coffee in Doylestown. It’s good to have another one for a change of pace. The next three weekend are no good for me. Thanks for posting this , I’ll have to get out there in July.
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 18 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 18 2018, 12:48 PM) *

I’ve been hitting the Bucks County Exotics cars and coffee in Doylestown. It’s good to have another one for a change of pace. The next three weekend are no good for me. Thanks for posting this , I’ll have to get out there in July.

Let me know if you decide to go in July and I'll be there if I can. I am definitely not a regular. Below is a link to pics from the Malvern cars and coffee for reference.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations...lvern-pa/?hl=en

+Quote Post
Dion
post Jun 18 2018, 12:55 PM
Post #4

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

That’s close to me. Thanks for the info. I’ll have to check it out. See if my son wants to show off his 944 while my u-boat is still in dry dock.
+Quote Post
Cal
post Jun 18 2018, 01:46 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,138

Several ESR friends of mine have attended the Malvern event and said it's pretty good.....I work in Bryn Mawr so I need to attend it.

The 14th Deutsche Classic event in Oley, PA is coming up on July 14th....it's an all German car / motorcycle show and draws a couple of hundred cars. It might be nice to show up with a bunch of 914's.

https://www.deutscheclassic.com/
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 18 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Dion @ Jun 18 2018, 02:55 PM) *

That’s close to me. Thanks for the info. I’ll have to check it out. See if my son wants to show off his 944 while my u-boat is still in dry dock.

Speaking of close, I am guessing I drive right by your neighborhood on the way to West Point 2 days/week.
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 18 2018, 01:55 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Cal @ Jun 18 2018, 03:46 PM) *

Several ESR friends of mine have attended the Malvern event and said it's pretty good.....I work in Bryn Mawr so I need to attend it.

The 14th Deutsche Classic event in Oley, PA is coming up on July 14th....it's an all German car / motorcycle show and draws a couple of hundred cars. It might be nice to show up with a bunch of 914's.

https://www.deutscheclassic.com/

Definitely something to consider. Thanks for the suggestion.

+Quote Post
Dion
post Jun 18 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #8

RN

QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Jun 18 2018, 11:52 AM) *

Speaking of close, I am guessing I drive right by your neighborhood on the way to West Point 2 days/week.

Prolly do! Is your destination that
mega Pharma company? I know that part of town as well. Heheh
+Quote Post
914dave
post Jun 18 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #9

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262

I will give you a heads up if when I hit Malvern c/c. I’m planning on attending the Deutsche Classic. Heard it’s a fun show.
+Quote Post
okieflyr
post Jun 18 2018, 07:46 PM
Post #10

9fauxteen

Member No.: 3,426

QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Jun 18 2018, 11:59 AM) *

There is a cars and coffee every Saturday morning at 8-11 am in the Wegman’s parking lot in Malvern. There seems to be a pretty consistent showing of Porsches and several interesting cars in general, and I was thinking about using it as an opportunity for a 914 get-together. If anyone else is interested and the weather forecast holds up, I was thinking we could plan to head over this Saturday (23rd). Address below:

50 Foundry Way
Malvern PA 19355

Also, I took a drive this past weekend that had a nice mix of curves and straightaways based on a thread I found on the bird about driving roads in Chester County. I was thinking this could be something to do following cars and coffee if anyone wants to. Basically, we would be heading South on 202 down to the back roads southwest of West Chester University and back up. The ride from Wegman's and back would take approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Of course, anyone could split off wherever they would like.

I am definitely not much of an organizer, so please feel free to provide input on meeting location, the drive, timing, etc.

The meet up sounds good. I've got a major house project ongoing but it sounds like a nice diversion. What time do they typically meet? Can't commit yet, but i'll keep it in mind.

Kevin
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 18 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Dion @ Jun 18 2018, 05:49 PM) *

QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Jun 18 2018, 11:52 AM) *

Prolly do! Is your destination that
mega Pharma company? I know that part of town as well. Heheh

It is. I'll let you know if I ever take my 914 to work.
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 18 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 18 2018, 06:33 PM) *

I will give you a heads up if when I hit Malvern c/c. I’m planning on attending the Deutsche Classic. Heard it’s a fun show.

Excellent...looking forward to it.
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 18 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(okieflyr @ Jun 18 2018, 09:46 PM) *

QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Jun 18 2018, 11:59 AM) *

50 Foundry Way
Malvern PA 19355

The meet up sounds good. I've got a major house project ongoing but it sounds like a nice diversion. What time do they typically meet? Can't commit yet, but i'll keep it in mind.

Kevin

8-11 from what I've heard. i generally have shown up later due to kids' activities, but I've got clearance for this Saturday at this point. If people commit to coming this Saturday, we can try to figure out a time that works best for all.
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 21 2018, 09:12 AM
Post #14

Will anyone from the world be heading to cars and coffee in Malvern this Saturday?

If not, we can try for another weekend.
+Quote Post
okieflyr
post Jun 21 2018, 09:54 AM
Post #15

9fauxteen

Member No.: 3,426

I was going to give you a heads up.

I’ve gotten news this morning that will not let me attend this weekend.

I’ll keep an eye out for another opportunity in the coming weeks to meet up.

Kevin
+Quote Post
Dion
post Jun 21 2018, 12:09 PM
Post #16

RN

Hey guys PM me if anyone going to Malvern next weekend (30th) like to do the Deutsche classic as well. I’ll ask to borrow the 944 from my boy. Since the 14 is still drydocked.
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 21 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(okieflyr @ Jun 21 2018, 11:54 AM) *

Kevin

Sorry to hear that...keep us posted and we'll come up with something.

QUOTE(Dion @ Jun 21 2018, 02:09 PM) *

Hey guys PM me if anyone going to Malvern next weekend (30th) like to do the Deutsche classic as well. I’ll ask to borrow the 944 from my boy. Since the 14 is still drydocked.

Not sure if I can be there on the 30th (will confirm) but I definitely cannot make the Deutche Classic due to an event with my kids. Are you out for this coming Saturday?
+Quote Post
Dion
post Jun 21 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #18

RN

QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Jun 21 2018, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(okieflyr @ Jun 21 2018, 11:54 AM) *

Kevin

Sorry to hear that...keep us posted and we'll come up with something.

QUOTE(Dion @ Jun 21 2018, 02:09 PM) *

Not sure if I can be there on the 30th (will confirm) but I definitely cannot make the Deutche Classic due to an event with my kids. Are you out for this coming Saturday?

PM sent
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jun 22 2018, 10:59 AM
Post #19

The weather is not looking good for tomorrow. Please indicate if you plan to go because I don’t want to leave anyone high and dry. If no one from here is coming, I’ll make other plans.

Going forward, let me know if anyone wants to go there (or anyplace for a 914 get-together for that matter), and we can hopefully put something together, even if it’s just a few of us.

Brian
+Quote Post
ThreeV8s
post Jul 5 2018, 08:33 PM
Post #20

I am thinking about heading over to the cars and coffee in Malvern this Saturday. Is anyone interested in meeting up? The weather is supposed to be nice.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:39 PM