Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summit Point and V8 914's question, RPM corner exits
HalfMoon
post Jun 19 2018, 07:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,144
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm wondering if their are any members who have converted 914's (to sbc) with a 901 trans-axle who have noted their corner exit RPM's at Summit Point Motorpark WV?
I don't have a computer to log my exit rpm's and I'm building a new bottom end but need to know this data so I can correctly match a camshaft.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Jun 22 2018, 05:24 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,318

QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Jun 19 2018, 05:54 AM) *

I'm wondering if their are any members who have converted 914's (to sbc) with a 901 trans-axle who have noted their corner exit RPM's at Summit Point Motorpark WV?
I don't have a computer to log my exit rpm's and I'm building a new bottom end but need to know this data so I can correctly match a camshaft.

FWIW My /6 has a stock geared 901 running 225/45/15's...you can see my rpm's on the tach on part of the track in a short video...sorry I didn't upload a whole lap...you'll see why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8L2n3Jsx0
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jun 22 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #3

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 22 2018, 04:24 AM) *

FWIW My /6 has a stock geared 901 running 225/45/15's...you can see my rpm's on the tach on part of the track in a short video...sorry I didn't upload a whole lap...you'll see why.

911 blow a coolant line?
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Jun 23 2018, 05:06 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,318

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 22 2018, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 22 2018, 04:24 AM) *

911 blow a coolant line?

Nope, look closely...tri-sected a deer...head to track right, torso into the car, hind part to track left...
I immediately went and bought a full face helmet.
+Quote Post
sithot
post Jun 26 2018, 05:25 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,090
Region Association: None

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 23 2018, 07:06 AM) *

Nope, look closely...tri-sected a deer...head to track right, torso into the car, hind part to track left...
I immediately went and bought a full face helmet.

Useful things bitd. We use Ranch Hand or better on the farm. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Racer
post Jul 11 2018, 07:50 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,073

Corner exits rpm are a function of gear and speed. I can take the same corner in 4th at 2500rpm or in 3rd at 3200rpm.. Or if I take a corner at 85mph and you take it at 65mph.. Guess I am wondering what you hope to improve upon by comparing others data points.

Also consider that other tracks do exist and if you build a motor for a specific track, you might have less fun elsewhere. The really serious folks build a motor first, then swap gearboxes to keep it in the powerband for particular tracks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:26 AM