Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seeking advice / opinions on engine . 1.8 ->?
bob's project
post Jun 19 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,067
Region Association: None

Hello All,

I am soliciting opinions on what route I should take this with a project.

I have an all original 74 1.8l car. I had the opportunity last night or purchase a 1974 2.0l engine out of a car including all the injection, harness, ECU....

I now have many interesting options.

1) Convert my car to a stock 2.0l spec to the level it came that way from the factory. (Would this add value to my car?)
2) Upgrade my long block and run the original L-jet. (This is the discreet performance option)
3) Upgrade the 2.0 to something beyond original spec. (This could be really fun?)

I am trying to navigate these these thoughts simultaneously?

1) I usually am always committed to keeping things 100% stock but a bit more HP over the 1.8 would be nice. Is 15hp enough?
2) If I am rebuilding an engine entirely is there a recipe for the defacto fun engine that is reliable and good performing?
3) I absolutely will run L or D jet.

If anyone is willing to share their thoughts I would appreciate it. I am looking forward to the discussion and planning this next winter's project. I have never looked forward to cold, wet, dark west coast winters but this coming one will be fun.

Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 07:42 AM