Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Overthinking frunk reinforcement install, Advice on painting prep
bbrock
post Jun 23 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Alright, I know I'm overthinking this but it's driving me crazy. I need to reinstall my front trunk reinforcement on my rustoration build soon and originally planned to spray the backs of the reinforcement brackets and the area under the headlight buckets with 2K primer while everything was open and accessible. Then I would spray color in there as best I can when I do the rest of the chassis which won't be for several months. The primer needs to be top-coated within two weeks without having to scuff sand, but once the pieces are welded in, sanding in there won't be possible. So what do you all think is the best way to proceed for best long term rust protection and being able to get color in that recess so it looks factory correct? Maybe just spray the backs of the reinforcement brackets now and save the rest for later even though it is a PITA to get paint in there? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:42 PM