Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Out for a spin on rebuild, decklid removed question - answered
nditiz1
post Jun 27 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So I took the rebuilt 2056 out for a spin today after finishing up some lose ends, shift bushings, shifter rod, carb filters, and a few other small items. I didn't put the decklid cover on as it looked like it was going to rain and I really wanted to test drive it.

The CHT temps were around 300 for pretty much the whole time except cruising on some back roads showed 325 in 4th around 50 mph. On the highway, with some big hills, it crept up to 350 for a few seconds. I was sure to be in 4th to keep the rpms in the 4k.

Were these higher temps due to the decklid being off or should I start looking into a different problem. The oil pressure was between 50 - 60 during these times as well. The stock temp gauge did not go up much, maybe a quarter. It is 75 degrees here today.

Update - Looks like the decklid has no affect on the cooling. While I thought my temps were high, based on other responses as well as Raby's info 300 - 350 is a good range. I would like to hook up a better temp gauge than stock to see what the number is coming in at or possibly check it with the 123ignition.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 07:02 AM