Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help with fog light identification, 75 and 76 fog lights
hasaramat
post Jul 11 2018, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,782
Region Association: None

This is a pair of late model fog lights from a 1975 big black bumper. I realize one lens has been changed but do they look correct? Are there two different size fog lights for the late model bumpers? Reason: I sold these and the buyer says they do not fit and they do not mount correctly. I am very confused. I am just trying to figure it out. Any help would be great. Thanks

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NoEcm
post Jul 11 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,309

Mine:

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Jul 11 2018, 11:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

Look correct to me. I believe only Bosch made the 75/76 fog lights...and only one kind. Makes sense since the ‘76 were kind of left over ‘75’s.

Maybe the buyer doesn’t know the difference between early 70-74 (round) lights and the later (rectangular) 75-76 lights?
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jul 12 2018, 08:40 AM
Post #4

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Those are 75-76 914 fog lights.
If you sold them to someone that had a late car that did not come with fog lights it will not have the attaching bracket on the bumper reinforcement. It is a slotted bracket. He either needs to make the brackets and weld them on or get a late bumper reinforcement that has them.

Variations of those lights were used on 911's BMWs and Mercedes in the mid 70's. I had to source some lenses and located them with the Bosch part number.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jul 12 2018, 08:49 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

74-83 911 912e foglights were the same except for the mounting brackets, 911s were more towards the top 914s more towards the back, so they will not interchange except for the lenses, reflectors, and rims and gaskets

All 914 75 76 foglights were the same made by Bosch. The bumper reinforcement had spot welded on a u shaped bracket to hold the foglight, and one would never know if the non foglight equipped cars had the bracket or not
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:55 AM