Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Exhaust popping on deceleration (1.7 D-Jet), After changing MSP for a rebuilt one
Jazzy
post Jul 12 2018, 03:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,432
Region Association: Europe

I have a '73 1.7 with the stock D-Jetronic installed. The engine was lacking power, overall and especially around 3k rpm, so my mechanic and I checked everything from sparks to fuel. Started with the ignition and replaced the system with a new 1-2-3 ignition, coil, spark plugs and cables. Huge improvement, especially more torque at low rpm.

Next the D-Jetronic parts were checked and discovered that I had the wrong MPS and two 2.0 injectors. The injectors were changed with proper ones and all four tested. Fuel pressure was slightly off but everything else looked good.

When I got the car back from the shop I ordered a rebuilt MPS from Auto Atlanta and ordered this one: http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?pn=B...E&user=Mike

With this MPS, my car drives much better and is definitely more powerful. Unfortunately the car now pops in the exhaust when decelerating. Replace the old MPS again, no more pops but also less power.

Any suggestions on next steps?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:01 AM