Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Progressive Carburator Won't Idle
ghia1974
post Jul 12 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,033
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I just purchased a 71 914 which has been converted from fuel injection to a what I think is an EMPI EPC 32/36 Progressive Carburetor or some other similar carb. The car was running fantastic with no issues at all. Had it out for a drive today, when all of a sudden it started sputtering and wanting to stall. I limped into a parking lot and let it cool down for about 1/2 and hour. I tried to start it, but I had to keep feathering the accelerator to keep it running, at times the revs would shoot up to 4000 rpm without me further depressing the accelerator. I towed the car home and decided I would try and reset the carburator using the carb initial setup recommendations which required me to turn the idle adjustment screw until it contacted the accelerator cam and turned screw about 2 turns. I then bottomed out the air/fuel mix screw and backed it out about 1 1/2 turns. Still the car will not idle. Any thoughts or suggestions? Didn't note any vacuum leaks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 08:56 PM