Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1973 2.0 for sale-New Orleans-Price Drop
last337
post Jul 13 2018, 10:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,221
Region Association: None

Car is located in New Orleans

I am adding a bunch of pics and dropping the price. The rust in the back is getting worse and I am going down to $6k OBO to get it to someone that will do something with it before it deteriorates any further.

I purchased the car about 6 years ago not really knowing much about 914s at the time or all of the things I should be watching for. It had a number of issues but I managed through several of them and drove the car for quite a while as a sunny afternoon driver. I had a workspace for several years but lost that about 2 years ago and since then it has just been sitting with very little attention. I hate to let it go but I dont want it to deteriorate any further.

1973 Green 2.0
I put dual 40s on it when I purchased it and put a dizzy from a
It will run fine although the calipers are currently a bit frozen

The interior could use quite a bit of work but most everything is there
A lot of the rubber is there but needs replacement
The dash is cracked but has a cheapo plastic cover on it
Seats need recovering and the carpet could be replaced
Driver door handle is currently disconnected inside the door and the passenger outside chrome door handle needs to be repaired
It does have a center console as well but will need to be recovered

The tires are nice BFGs (cant remember exact model) not new but have very few miles on them
I replaced the fuel line with SS line through tunnel and put a new fuel pump as well located on rear fire wall below battery tray
The gas tank was completely cleaned several years ago although the fuel level float/sensor is shot
Lots of other odds and ends that were fixed along the way and lots of extra parts

With regard to rust
The passenger long was pretty much shot all the way into the passenger wheelhouse
I purchased stamped parts from restoration designs and had someone local cut/weld them in
At the same time he did do some repairs to the floor pans as well
The body is quite solid although he did fail to straighten things out perfectly
The frame is racked a bit between the corners
If you were to put your finger in wheel well of driver rear to touch tire and do same on the passenger rear tire there is about ¾”inch of a shift between the sides. The same can be said for the front. This also makes getting the top on and flush to each side difficult by about ½” inch
That said, it tracks straight and could be straightened by someone with the right equipment
There is a lot of rust although most of it is surface or creeping under the paint
The paint job it had when I purchased it was pretty terrible and it will definitely need a good paint job and some body work, especially if the frame was to be straightened as-is without pulling apart again
Under the hood and in the rear, there is some suspicious body work and rust spots so it is hard to tell if it had been previously repaired

I have a good bit into it over the years, but I don’t have the time or space to continue moving it forward. It could go either way as a restore or a fairly complete parts car. I hate to see it sit there especially when it would be restored by someone and made beautiful again.

I am very open to negotiation, especially to get it to the right home.

Please contact me for specific questions and pics. I will add a bunch of pics to this post over the weekend. Thanks!!

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
last337
post Jul 14 2018, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
last337
post Jul 14 2018, 09:50 AM
Post #3

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
last337
post Jul 14 2018, 09:56 AM
Post #4

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:53 AM