Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914s Still Have it For Autocross
brilliantrot
post Jul 17 2018, 12:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,699

Congratulations to Randal and Andrew for winning the Parade Autocross this past weekend. Aaron (Yeamag) let me drive his well sorted at this point 914 at our local PCA OCR autocross and it still has what it takes to keep up with the newer cars. 1st in class, 1st on BRI/PAX/Handicap, and 7th fastest raw time behind a few wildly modified cars.

Now the question is, how long will stock 2.0L rods and AA cast piston hold together spinning at 7400 RPM. I used to take mine to 8,000 on the same parts and it as far as I know is still running but it's always a question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahi1cp95OCs
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jul 18 2018, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(brilliantrot @ Jul 16 2018, 11:17 PM) *

Congratulations to Randal and Andrew for winning the Parade Autocross this past weekend. Aaron (Yeamag) let me drive his well sorted at this point 914 at our local PCA OCR autocross and it still has what it takes to keep up with the newer cars. 1st in class, 1st on BRI/PAX/Handicap, and 7th fastest raw time behind a few wildly modified cars.

Now the question is, how long will stock 2.0L rods and AA cast piston hold together spinning at 7400 RPM. I used to take mine to 8,000 on the same parts and it as far as I know is still running but it's always a question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahi1cp95OCs

Actually it was all Andrew in the car I sold him.

Glad to see you're out there showing the way with a 914. Important to keep that going.

As to the 2.0 staying together racing at 7,400rpm, only time will tell. As Rich Bontempi told me, just go out there and get lots of seat time. At some point you'll know it's time to rebuild to a higher quality. Actually the 2.0 I originally had in 222 had lots of 7400rpm autox days. It was on the track that I bent the valves when missing a downshift and really really twisting the motor. But even with bent valves
it ran fine for months.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 23 2018, 05:49 AM
Post #3

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:10 AM