Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Luftgruppe one In Winnetka IL 8/19
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 11 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

So I seen on FB a member here was going to display his 914 the FuelFed event known as Luftgruppe One on Aug 19th. I checked out the website (click here) and after talking with Alex decided that I would see if they would be interested in my 73 also.

I guess I was a little surprised when they said yes. I'm not really a spit & shine kind of guy when it comes to my 914. I autocross the heck out of it, it has some battle scars and usually gets washed once a season (more if it gets caught out in the rain at an autocross (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )

So if you are in the Chicago area on Sunday the 19th come out and see us. Last I heard there were 80 or so cars registered, Porsche only.

Quote from the website

"The Luftgruppe One Gathering is the Midwest’s exclusive air-cooled Porsche gathering at a private tree-lined location in Winnetka, IL. Luftgruppe One will feature only air-cooled Porsches. Yes, only 356s, 911s, 912s and 914s. This is a curated lifestyle event that will feature pre-registered Porsches and Porsche lifestyle vendors."

Alex and his fathers 914 that he found and purchased back. You need to hear his story about his advenutre in driving it back home from the East coast . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Attached Image

Me and my toy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Vapor_locked
post Aug 11 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,746
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Very cool, congratulations to both of you! - both very deserving! I plan to make it as a spectator/photographer/artist - if you need a co-pilot to ride up there with you Garold, let me know, I may be available~ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Aug 11 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #3

The glory that once was.

Member No.: 1,438

Cool. Show the show crowd what a car that earns its garage space 1cone at a time looks like. Sounds like fun!
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 19 2018, 07:39 AM
Post #4

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Heading out in a little while. If you are out and about stop by the Indian Hills Metra Station at 111 North Green Bay Road Winnetka IL 60093 show is from 11-3pm It's going to be a nice day!
+Quote Post
ljubodraz
post Aug 19 2018, 07:47 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,312

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 19 2018, 07:39 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Heading out in a little while. If you are out and about stop by the Indian Hills Metra Station at 111 North Green Bay Road Winnetka IL 60093 show is from 11-3pm It's going to be a nice day!

It was nice to meet you at the event today Garold. It was nice to see a nice number of Teeners represented
-Mike
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:50 AM