Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Spindle onto Ball Joint issues..., Any tips?
aggiezig
post Aug 15 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #1

Porsche Wannabe

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,557
Region Association: Southern California

We started putting together the front end tonight. Other than a few curve balls, most of the reassembly has gone off without a hitch. We got stuck with the drivers spindle and called it a night. The ball joint shaft does not want to slide into the spindle no matter how much we beat on it to persuade it.

I made sure that there was no powdercoat in the hole where the ball joint slides in. I can only get it to go about 1/8" in and that's using a sledge and wood block to beat up on the control / a-arm while holding down on the spindle / strut. The passenger side slid in with minimal effort, so not sure what's going on here. It's acting like the ball joint shaft OD is slightly too big. It's a brand new Lemfoerder BJ.

Am I missing something here? Is it possible I got a "bad" ball joint? I'll measure and post the OD with my calipers tonight. I'm not sure how to get out of this predicament other than trying another new joint.

Any feedback appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:10 PM